PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:31 PM

My bad... The connection I on the left closer to the shifter.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 PM

I dont see why you need to disconnect the battery. I dont think I did when replacing mine and everything came out fine. Did anyone have a problem when not disconnecting the battery before the replacement of any actuators?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by ingydrummer
I dont see why you need to disconnect the battery. I dont think I did when replacing mine and everything came out fine. Did anyone have a problem when not disconnecting the battery before the replacement of any actuators?
I did, matter of fact I had to disconnect several times before mine started working

Old 09-07-2013, 06:10 PM

I had a similar problem on my '03 H2. Drivers side blows cold and pass side blows hot then warm and back to hot. After reading several posts I figured it was a sensor problem. I turned the pass side temp up to 90 and whaala it started to blow cold. I waited a few minutes and it stayed cold. Now both sides blow cold. Problem fixed, no. Problem solved, yes.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:47 PM
ISP

Originally Posted by TBarrow
I posted this on some other sites and just joined here and wanted to let you know some more details on the Blend Door Actuators. I bought my part through XL Parts and it was around $8x.xx I will look up the number and it is a ACDelco.

It is the blower door actuator. The HVAC system under the passengers dash, to access it remove the cover below the glove compartment, 2 screws. The drivers blower door actuator motor is closest to the transmission tunnel and is held in place with 2 screws. The Passenger blower door actuator is directly above it on the TOP of the housing. Remove the glove compartment and you can get to it on the top of the HVAC system. Reach up and unplug it and plug it back in first. if it does not correct it you will need to replace it. It is not an easy job since most of the dash must be removed. Start by removing all the decorative allen bolts accross the dash. The center section can be pulled forward an inch or so. This will allow you to remove the trim around the speedometer cluster and drivers a/c vent. The passengers side is a little tricky. You need to remove the side panel that rests up against the door panel. Shine a light in at the upper left corner and you will see a white button aprox 1/8" wide and 1/2" tall this needs to be pushed in with a flat blad screwdriver while gently pulling out on the passenger grab bar(above the airbag). The second white button can be reached throught the far left glove compartment opening. I reached up and pushed in on the white button on this side while pulling out on the handle. This will allow the handle to be removed and the trim peices following. You can now see the screws that hold the upper dash cover there are aprox 3 screws on the driver and passenger side. You also have 2 in the center behind the center trim piece pull forward an inch or so and a 1/4" drive socket will get to the screws here. It then just pulls straight forward NOT UP. and don't forget to unplug the sun sensor on the dash. I removed the clip holding the duct work you will now see is connected to the backside of the dash passengers side. I resecured it from the outside when reassembling. The acctuator can be gotten to and replaced. It is still tight but I did not have to take it to the dealer. The part from the dealer is 237.xx check with gmpartsdirect.com for pricing shipped to you. You have 3 actuators on the H2 Drivers side, Passenges side, and recirculate. I would suggest whil you are under the dash remove the blower motor (3 screws and clean out the fan shoot some compressed air in to get any other dust out.)I just did this to mine today.

I know it would be better with pictures but I forgot to take them. email me if you need any clarification. mtoddbarrow@gmail.com
Thank you very much for posting this!!! it guided me perfectly to replace my broken actuator on the passenger side....while a pain to get to the 2 screws due to my big 'ol hands....lol..... eventually got it done.... thanks again for sharing this great information

Old 01-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Question Blend Door or Heater Control issues.

After reading several of the post about the blend door actuators and the removal and or replacement of the actuators,Im having a simular but not the same problem. Cold air blowing out of all the vents DS or PS. The air flow will move from defrost to floor to exiting out of the vents just fine. It just blows cold air when the temp control is moved all the way to 90°F. It may stay like this for 10-15 minute and then blow hot for a minute or two then (you guessed it) back to cold air. Any thoughts???

Old 06-03-2014, 06:22 PM

I took my 03 H2 in today and they quoted me $1728.00 to fix (2) seized actuators. The codes that it popped were BO229 Recirc acturator, and BO414 Temp Control Actuator. How do i know which (2) those are...part numbers and locations for those (2). Any help would be appreciated

Old 06-04-2014, 03:47 PM

Have you looked at JimDrew's post? he explains it all!

Old 06-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Old 07-27-2014, 11:16 AM

I need to replace just one ... The one that controls the air flow anyone know the part number or name since it's hard to find online

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuator Replacement