PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Blacked Out H2, The Process Begins...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 04:56 PM
boz
Default Blacked Out H2, The Process Begins...

I have an 07' H2 SUV. My lease is coming due and I've decided to keep it based on the money I've invested thus far. Being that its three years old with 56,000km (Canadian eh) It's do for a cosmetic refresher. Now, originally I figured I was just going to get the front bumper re-sprayed (rock chips) but now since it's in the body shop I figured I would go another step, heres what I'm getting done,

*Re-spray front bumper gloss black 41U to match hood
*Re-surface and paint chrome grille gloss black 41U
*Re-spray door sills (scuffs and paint wear)
*Touch-ups & power polish
*Undercoat entire truck

I also just ordered a black out tail light kit, aswell as the Recon smoked cab lights. I already have 22 KMC Black Rockstars, aswell as black cross rails. As far as the side marker lights go, I already had the common chrome and black covers, and I just re-painted the bezels with some spray paint. I also spray painted the rockstar chrome hub cap stars. The only two items left on the entire truck thats not guna be black is the door handles and the side mirror H2 inserts. Any suggestions for these items?

So I think I got all my bases covered with this black out look. I can't wait to see the final product. I get er' back from the body shop tomorrow. I will through up some pics when she's done.

Please give me some feedback on how to black out those last two items, or any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks

Old 06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
boz

No feedback, really?

...But seriously, anyone have any ideas for blacking out the chrome side mirror inserts? I also need to black out the door handles...

I don't get my truck back till tomorrow now so I'll post some pics then...

Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 PM

I painted the door handles and the mirrors. I did it about 9 months ago and still looks awesome. I wrote up a walk through on how to do it but it is on a different forum. Here is a pic of my rig blacked out on 37x13.50x22

Old 06-08-2010, 08:49 AM
boz

Could you send me the link to the forum so I can check it out? Also I have the newer style mirrors with the small rectangualr insert, do you know how to get that off for paint? Can it even come off?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:40 AM

On the newer mirrors guys are popping out the glass and I believe there is 3 screws holding the H2 plate on. Otherwise you can tape it of but be really careful of overspray.

Here is a walk through to the process I use for painting..."http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6318&highlight=black+rims"