PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best year for an H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM

I never knew about the major differences in the years other than the upgraded powertrain and interior on the 08/09's when I bought mine. I don't care for the upgraded interior-too escalade for me but the nicer drivetrain I wouldn't mind.

The price for 08/09's is just ridiculous IMO. Not to mention you can never find them without roughly 9 million miles on them for a decent price.

At the same time if I found one at the right price I would rip all my mods off and trade mine in a heartbeat. Will that every happen, highly doubtful.

Mine is an 06 and it doesn't even have 60k on the odo.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I never knew about the major differences in the years other than the upgraded powertrain and interior on the 08/09's when I bought mine. I don't care for the upgraded interior-too escalade for me but the nicer drivetrain I wouldn't mind.

The price for 08/09's is just ridiculous IMO. Not to mention you can never find them without roughly 9 million miles on them for a decent price.

At the same time if I found one at the right price I would rip all my mods off and trade mine in a heartbeat. Will that every happen, highly doubtful.

Mine is an 06 and it doesn't even have 60k on the odo.
I have noticed this as far as 08 pricing

Old 04-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by ninjarider
The '03 is the best year for the H2 bc it was the one that started the Hummer fad j/k. Actually, you won't go wrong on whatever year you get, it will always put a smile on your face . Good luck on your search!
Thanks, i hope your right

Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Personal preference all the way around. I actually sought out an '03 when i got mine because it had the antenna on the roof. That was a huge personal preference for me. I've already swapped out the frame for an 08 frame and in the next few years I will swap out the engine and tranny.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:06 PM

Save up for an already converted Duramax Diesel.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM

I prefer my 03 with the antenna on the roof.
I have already upgraded it from the crappy plastic one.
I personally do not like the interior of the 08/09
Given if you want luxury... sure its a nice interior, but who the heck buys a purpose build offroader for luxury.... thats as goofy as buying this rig and putting 28s on it with rubber band tires.
--- but thats just my opinion.

I would say if you want an 08/09 because of the powertrain, just buy a 03, and take the extra cash and have Mash or Predator do a Duramax/Allison conversion.
Thats would I would do if I had the cash right now.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
I prefer my 03 with the antenna on the roof.
I have already upgraded it from the crappy plastic one.
I personally do not like the interior of the 08/09
Given if you want luxury... sure its a nice interior, but who the heck buys a purpose build offroader for luxury.... thats as goofy as buying this rig and putting 28s on it with rubber band tires.
--- but thats just my opinion.

I would say if you want an 08/09 because of the powertrain, just buy a 03, and take the extra cash and have Mash or Predator do a Duramax/Allison conversion.
Thats would I would do if I had the cash right now.
I agree. I just toured the Predator facility yesterday. Holy crap that place is awesome. They had about 10 H1 conversions happening and 2 H2 conversions. Pics of Arnold visiting the facility mounted on the wall. So cool.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Personal preference all the way around. I actually sought out an '03 when i got mine because it had the antenna on the roof. That was a huge personal preference for me. I've already swapped out the frame for an 08 frame and in the next few years I will swap out the engine and tranny.
You can swap the entire frame out with in 08???

Old 05-17-2014, 03:08 AM

Iv tried the 2006 suv it was vary nice I completed four years with it .. after that I changed to my 2008 suv also ...

if you are v. Interested in h2 I'd recommend you to buy the 2008 its bit more pwerfull , great interior, 6 gear trans , but the price is higher than older models

If you are looking for the old one with less price.. I recommend you to buy 2006-2007 , with the last mirrors, rear lights updated model

Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 AM

Having just completed an H2 Duramax conversion, I would say find an H2 with a Duramax LBZ or newer and for the same price as a 2008/09 you have it all and more. Diesel, 6 speed OD transmission as well as a pushbutton manual shift. There is very little to no difference's in the body of an 03-07. 08/09 of course does get you the new interior, if you like the more refined look. Personally, I like the roughness of the older interior.

Quick Reply: best year for an H2