PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Bluetooth Ugprade for '08 H2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Default Best Bluetooth Ugprade for '08 H2?

Hi,
New to this forum and glad to find it.

I have an '08 H2 with Navigaiton and rear entertainment sytem. Can any one suggest the best upgrade for the audio syste? I want to have it work with my iPhone for calls and streaming music.The best I've been able to find is the Parot system as an add on.
thanks

Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 PM

One of the very first things I did when I got my H2 was remove the factory nav imho its rubbish.

I kept the headrest tv's as installed by the dealer (I think the brand was VSP) until they just flat wore out, and out they went as well. Now I have replaced them with Vizualogic A-1290's which are simply flawless.

I've gone thru a few different head units with the following results

Jensen VM9022: Rubbish, complete rubbish, thats all I can say.

Kenwood DDX512: Loved it, but it lacked some features I wanted so I upgraded

Kenwood Excelon DNX9980: Again loved it, Garmin Nav is great, sound was great, bluetooth was great...was all great until someone broke in and stole it

Pioneer AVIC Z130BT: Only had it a few days and very little time playing with it, works flawlessly with iPod, iPhone, and Bluetooth. With some fiddling around with settings it works just fine with my Motorola Atrix (Android) phone too. Only complaint thus far was that the microphone could be a bit better for calls, i'm told it has some windy background noise but is clear none the less. (perhaps i'm spoiled by my wifes BMW 750Li, you cant tell its a speaker phone and bluetooth connection at all).
Nav on the AVIC is not as good as the Kenwood, but i'll see how long it takes before it gets on my nerves and I buy another Kenwood.

I have never changed out the Bose speakers, they work well and if it works dont fix it. The factory subwoofer was always crap so I added my own along with a nice amp. But to each his own.

Parrot has a nice product lineup, i've used them before. But they are all just an interface for bluetooth. A headunit with bluetooth will make you much happier at the end of the day. Every Parrot device i've bought, ended up on craigslist within a few months. but YMMV