PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else get a recall notice

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Default Anyone else get a recall notice

I got a recall notice on my 03 for a windshield wiper module cover that might let rain into the module and cause my wipers not to work right. Since I am 200 miles from the closest Hummer dealer my local chevy dealer will do the recall for me.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Default RE: Anyone else get a recall notice

there's been a number of posts about this problem, havn't seen an actual recall notice. I actually ran into this problem about 3 months back. What happens is the wipers will operate while physically turned off. Both front and rear wipers can be affected. Also your windshield washer pump can turn on and run continously pumping everything out, and running dry untill it burns up.

Some idiot designer put a porus foam like gasket on the cover of the front wiper motor. All wiper functions feed through there.That circuit board in there is slanted down twards the front of the truck.If there is alot of water in there, it will pool up in thefront of the cavity, shorting out the cirucit turning everything on. If you only have a little bit of water in there, when you hit the brakes inertia pulls the water forward and turns all the **** on. Hit the gas hard and the water will slide back andeverything will go back to normal. I had a massive amount of corrosion tracks in there...like carbon tracks in an old distributor. Those tracks permanently shorted my **** out. I pulled the board, cleaned all that crap off and coated the entire board in electrical grease. Havn't had any problems since, but if there's a recall I'm bringing it in and see if i can get that board replaced also.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:19 PM

Got mine Saturday, had it fixed today.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:11 PM

Is that JUST for 2003???

Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 AM

I have an 03 and have not recieved anything about a recall , but mine is due for a checkup and I'm sure they pull any codes that pop up or handle recall issues.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:47 AM

i found it on WWW.LEMONAUTO.COM
SEPTEMBER 2008 GM is recalling 13,358 MY 2003 Hummer H2 vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a condition in which water can enter the windshield wiper motor module. If a sufficient amount of water enters the module, over time, the front windshield wipers may work intermittently or they may become inoperative. If this were to occur, driver visibility could be reduced, which could result in a vehicle crash. Dealers will inspect the windshield wiper module cover, and replace the windshield wiper module cover free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during November 2008. Owners may contact This recall was the subject of a Preliminary Evaluation, PE08-042, conducted by the Office of Defects Investigation. 08V456

i was told to call back on monday...

Old 01-10-2009, 09:28 PM

Got mine last month

Old 01-11-2009, 08:46 AM

Im not happy. My 03 just started having the wiper issue. I went to the Hummer dealer and was told that my truck was part of the recall!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: gstefanick

Im not happy. My 03 just started having the wiper issue. I went to the Hummer dealer and was told that my truck was part of the recall!
They will fix it for free and that makes you unhappy?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Default 2003 H2 windshield washer motor

Just read the postings re the recall on 2003 H2 regarding windshield wiper/washer. My 2003 washer motor stays on all the time, it was parked for 8 days in Florida and when I returned it started, wipers appear OK. Is this the same problem as the recall notice. Let me know what you think.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get a recall notice