PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost done

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Default Almost done

Almost done de-blinging it, all the chrome and other bling is gone, just a few small things left to add. Gotta mount my matching rim and tire and secure it to the roof. Then I have some accent lights that I'm gonna add and its finally done..

Attached Thumbnails Almost done-img_2681.jpg   Almost done-img_2680.jpg   Almost done-img_2679.jpg  
Old 11-24-2016, 09:44 AM

I like that. Looks good. I like the front bars. I once saw online someone had a prototype rigid mounted in their grille. It looked great, but i never saw it come into production. Shame really they do a ton of stuff for other cars, but not much for us.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:07 AM

Looks tough.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
I like that. Looks good. I like the front bars. I once saw online someone had a prototype rigid mounted in their grille. It looked great, but i never saw it come into production. Shame really they do a ton of stuff for other cars, but not much for us.
Yea, it worked out for me as far as the grill lights, my brush guard is 2" tube so finding mounts was pretty easy. The roof rack lights I had ro fabracate my own mounts to stack them and a stock tube mout on the top to help stabilize the stack. My rack mounted reverse lights have the stock mounts but I has to extend and lift the mounting plate a bit. Add 150ft of wiring and all the toggle switches I installed in the overhead console.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Looks tough.
Thanks, took a bit to get rid of the bling and black it out. Personally I'm not a chrome fan, but that's a personal thing....

Old 11-26-2016, 11:07 AM

Like everyone else said, looks awesome!
I know you said you're done, but is there any project in the back of your mind that you want to start with it at some point?

Old 11-27-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
Like everyone else said, looks awesome!
I know you said you're done, but is there any project in the back of your mind that you want to start with it at some point?
Thank you,
Yea... Well I'm still waiting on my UV lights that I'm going to put on the side and back louvers. I ordered a bunch of those flat stick on led strips to stick to the flat bottom of the side and back louvers I got 12 - 2" ones & 10 - 4" ones. Hopefully it will look like I planed it to, it outta look pretty freaky in the fog, we'll see. I'll post some night shots when done. If it doesn't look as planned I'm only out 25$ and I'll maybe stick them on my KLR650.

Oh yea! I'm still going to carbon fiber the H2 on the door ( found a cool looking chameleon carbon fiber ) and I'm doing the inserts on the rear bumper too....
Will post pics when that's done....
ROFL Then I'm done.... Well at least till something else pops into my head...

Below are my new "badges" and finally put the matching rim and tire on top.

Attached Thumbnails Almost done-img_2688.jpg   Almost done-img_2689.jpg   Almost done-img_2690.jpg   Almost done-img_2691.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 08:11 PM

Where do you put the switches for all of those light bars?

Old 11-28-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 2003hummerH2
Where do you put the switches for all of those light bars?
Accessory lights on My LED headlights have two switches by the headlight switch
The bar lights and the alley lights are on the overhead console. The reverse lights are on the overhead too as well as hooked up with the reverse gear AND a switch on the inside back right fender panel so they can be used as utility lights.

Attached Thumbnails Almost done-img_2729.jpg   Almost done-img_2730.jpg   Almost done-img_2731.jpg  
Old 11-28-2016, 08:37 PM

Any other Mods?
Your rig keeps getting better & better.

Quick Reply: Almost done