PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air suspension problem

Old 02-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Default Air suspension problem

I`ve searched the forum and I have replaced both airbags with no results in problem, Every day after my H2 has been sitting for about 8hrs the rear of it drops about 2-3 inches and if it sits longer it drops even more, can someone please give me an idea of what the problem could be? The pump works fine, I have no codes from it.. Thanks

Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 PM

Did you do an air leak test at the top of the bags where the line snaps in? I had the same problem after swapping my bags. When I pulled the air lines, I scored one a little bit. You couldn't even hardly notice it. I found out when I sprayed soapy water on the tops of both bags and found the leak at the top of only one of the bags, but that was enough to make it drift down after being parked. I removed the line from the bag and snipped the line, it has to be a clean cut, and reinserted it into the bag and problem was solved. Hope this helps.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:52 PM

I removed the wheel well plastic and jacked the truck up a bit. To do this you first remove the screws around the black molding, then there is a bolt towards the back of the skirt and three around edge of the well then remove five plastic plugs and pull the whole thing out.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM

Well after spending part of the evening under my Hummer I think I found the problem after spraying everything with soapy water it seems that there is air leaking from the valve, which I found very odd that its leaking through the plastic/composite part of it.. Now if I can find one to replace it. Anyone out there have a valve body from there setup that they have switched to coil springs? My H2 is a 2005.