PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air suspension compressor

Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Default Air suspension compressor

Hi i have a 04 hummer and I'll installed a new dual compressor on my hummer . I wonder if I need to make some changes Just install it or do I need to do some other things to get it to work .

Regards Sweden

Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 PM

what brand did you purchase? you should just be able to install it per the instructions outlined in the manual.

do you have air susp too that you plan to hook it up to or is it just an accessory?

there should be a hot wire and ground, on/off switch, regulator solenoid, and some other hardware to get it working but its a pretty simple installation if you just plan to use it as an accessory.

pacbrake and other air compressors are pretty self sustaining units that can be purchased as a kit and mounted almost anywhere. I have used the pacbrake setup for a different use but it was a heavy duty truck compressor unit. it just happened to have the 12v setup and the required cfm for our project so we chose that one.

something to check on is the peak pressure before the solenoid kills the compressor. 120 would be ok, 150 imo is way too much for a general air compressor for hobby use. the extra power required to pump air the extra 30 psi is ridiculous when in a vehicle like ours. having it shut down at 100 or 120 is much much better and will be easier on your battery and charging system. the pressure regulator solenoids are easy to find, ebay and almost any place has them. I actually purchased one for our pacbrake from amazon when i was looking for the right psi shut down.

just a few thoughts on compressors i guess, i probably rattled on a bit. maybe it can help someone in the future too if they are looking at them.
steve

Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 AM

Helloi have changed komressor for the air suspension system and I have also changed both sensors but still not start comressor . when I turn the ignition on the click it on three times in the back of comressorn and then nothing happens more what's wrong ...

this compressor i have

2008-2009 HUMMER H2 Air Suspension Compressor w/Dryer for sale