PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Default air suspension

The rear of my 2003 H2 is very low. When I press the button on the dashboard to raise the rear the light on the button flashes & I can hear the compressor working but the rear does not rise. I've checked the fuses and they all look okay. The compressor kept running when I shut off the engine. I've tried pressing the rear switch to stop the compressor but the switch does not stop the compressor. I need help and advice as I am a senior on a fixed income.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM

you a blown airbag, disconnect the battery and go to a dealer near you or on ebay, vidéos on e-bay on how to change them 200$... dealer is a different story

Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 PM

They are not blown, but dry rotted and therefore leaking

two options. replace with coil springs or replace the air bags.
I chose that latter.

Do not wait as you might burn up your pump. Then it gets real costly or you have to go option 1.
Replacing the bags is about $500 when you have it done or about $350 when you do it yourself. I was not going to mess with it for $150 so I had it done.
In the meantime remove the fuse that runs the pump.
You can drive it to the repair shop with the bags low but it rides rough

Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM

I've got two bags for sale on ebay right now. 50k miles on them, no leaks.

Hummer H2 Airbags for Air Compressor Air Ride Hummers | eBay

If you're interested let me know and we can do it outside of ebay. I hate ebay.

Also, it's a very simple job to replace them yourself. Jack up rear of vehicle, support with jack stands. Put jack under rear differential to support rear end, loosen bottom shock bolts. Slowly let rear end down by lowering jack. Replace bag(s). Raise jack back up and rebolt the shocks. Done.

Good luck and let me know if you want to buy my bags.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 PM

If you decide to the springs, which are less troublesome and way less expensive, I did an extensive post with photos on the swap.

Rear Spring Install airbags are Gone! - Hummer Forums by Elcova

Be Safe

Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Default Air Suspension.

We took the Hummer to Allen Tire in Costa Mesa & they will do all the work to change to coils & shocks for under $600.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Default Air Suspension.

Originally Posted by fllaw1
If you decide to the springs, which are less troublesome and way less expensive, I did an extensive post with photos on the swap.

Be Safe
Hi, thanks for the info. what happens if the battery is not disconnected and the relay is not removed before the repair is done?
Doug

Old 11-29-2012, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by fllaw1

Be Safe
Hi,
What happens if the battery terminal is not disconnected or the relay is not removed before the work is done to install the coils & shocks?
Thanks
Doug

Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 AM

You don't want idiot light to pop on in the dash. It will or should w/o the relay removed.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by dougie
Hi,
What happens if the battery terminal is not disconnected or the relay is not removed before the work is done to install the coils & shocks?
Thanks
Doug
good question.
dos the compressor keep running till the battery is drain or it shut down like the interior lights after a couple minutes ?

Quick Reply: air suspension