PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air-ride help!

Old 09-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Angry Air-ride help!

So my H2 has been parked in my yard for a over a month with a blown tranny, (I shed a tear every time I look at it) while im saving up for a rebuild. I start it up every week and let it run for about 20 mins. Today dead battery. so I jumped it. Now my ride hight control is blinking and the back is squatting. I can hear the compressor working but no lift. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this one? I've never dealt with air-rides before. Thanks guys.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:29 AM

Personally I'm glad mine was swapped to coils. It's good you can hear the compressor running. That means you got a bad line or bag. Get a bottle of soap and water, heavy on the soap. Spray the system down and look for bubbling.

That sucks about your trans. Just had mine in because I could smell antifreeze and my frame was wet. Wanted the rad replaced so I didn't have to worry about trans failing. Just turned out to be a hose that needed crimping. So I'm still worried has the dexcool flushed out and replaced with green though.

Also had the trans fluid and filter replaced. Fingers crossed.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by madmayo
Get a bottle of soap and water, heavy on the soap. Spray the system down and look for bubbling.
Thanks i'll give it a try!!

If its the bags will most likely go to coils too.

Ya, the transmission was a real downer but at 175k it was bound to happen at some point.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear that...
luckily my bags were replaced right before I bought mine. I'll prob go coils if I get any big problems with it down the road tho.

On a side note, do you think going to the bigger tires had anything to do with the tranny? I've heard a couple guys say that. Due to not regearing and the tranny not shifting properly?

Old 10-07-2014, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldrums

On a side note, do you think going to the bigger tires had anything to do with the tranny? I've heard a couple guys say that. Due to not regearing and the tranny not shifting properly?
I've had my 37's on there for only about 5k, so if it ruined my tranny that fast I would be really depressed. Lol. With that many miles on my rig my guess is it may have been slipping before, and the bump to bigger tires Probualy pushed it over the edge.

I'm gonna start a new thread tho because I have an intresting tranny concept. I think.