Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Air Filer Replacement/Position Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Default Air Filer Replacement/Position Question

Hello. I just replaced the air filter in my 2004 H2 with another AC Delco (the cover was a PITA ;-)). I noticed two notch like things at the bottom of the container where the air filter goes. Is the rear of the air filter suppose to set on those, or be far enough up for those to hold the back/bottom of the air filter in. I tried to push the new filter in as far as possible, no matter what i did I couldn't seem to get the bottom of the air filter past those notches. It was getting dark so I put the cover back on for the night. I am just wondering if I need to go back and adjust the air filter so that the back/bottom of the filter is infront of those small platforms.

I don't think my air filter was ever replaced, probably becuase it is such a pain to take that cover off. I really don't want to have to it again so soon, but I love my truck and what things to be right.

Thanks again for any help as I am concerned.

- LVektor

Old 07-29-2014, 01:59 PM

I couldn't tell you BUT....

I remember the first time I took my cover off to check the filter and couldn't get the thing back on. I had to remove the metal support to get the lid back on. After that I put my order in for a Volant box. I run that with the Volant oiled air filter and a pre-filter on it. Keeps all the fine dust out of the intake here in AZ!