Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Aftermarket replacement Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Default Aftermarket replacement Side Mirrors

Still trying to resolve mirror issue i.e. power-fold not working, pan-tilt mechanism gears stripped etc.

What about CARiD are these any good? (they seem expensive)

Or is there a good alternative?

Also would anyone know the part numbers for a 2005 model year H2 or where to find them?

Many thanks!

Old 08-27-2015, 07:52 AM

I wasn't aware there were any aftermarket mirrors available. There is a used one on ebay for $300 or best offer right now.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I wasn't aware there were any aftermarket mirrors available. There is a used one on ebay for $300 or best offer right now.
Did you try the link for CARiD? After conversations with them a pair work out to cost $778.43 Hence my questions about them.

ReplaceŽ - Hummer H2 2005 Side Mirror

Old 08-28-2015, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Thanks for the ebay mention.

However one sad thing is that many US sources don't ship to the UK which is frustrating but in some ways understandable.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 AM

I ship parts to the UK in my business and if you ever needed something in the US you can have it shipped to me and I can forward it to you.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Did you try the link for CARiD? After conversations with them a pair work out to cost $778.43 Hence my questions about them.

ReplaceŽ - Hummer H2 2005 Side Mirror
WOW, i think i'd just Fix my issue with it Unless you think it's Worth that kind of money! On my 08' when i close the mirrors my passenger mirror will actually touch my window when it's up. I'm sure it would just take a lil' adjusting to fix it or if i had to i'd just change out the gears or whatever piece it needs instead of spending $800+ but that's just me. It's been doing this for awhile, just need to make sure i don't close the mirrors & Then try & roll the window up, then that would Not be good as something would have to give!

Last edited by mattdillon; 08-28-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
WOW, i think .....
Share your sentiments mattdillon, I definitely don't want to spent the money, but spare parts are hard to come by here in the UK.

I can assure you that if I could have found away to repair the gear assemblies I would have. In fact I have dismantled one set right down to motor shafts and did manage to get it kind-of working by gluing back together the shattered main gear and turning it round to a section where the teeth hadn't stripped. It works providing you don't nudge the mirror too far. Short of redesigning or re-manufacturing the tiny high-precision composite nylon gear-rods etc once these are broken that is it. Incidentally its beyond 3D printing capabilities. Now if someone can supply the main gear and pinions then a repair would be possible ... anyone out there?

As for the power-fold motors typically these get water logged and rot in their mounts, very common on earlier H2's (see Hummer Forums by Elcova - View Single Post - Driver Side Mirror Not Folding In) Whilst it may be possible to restore these and put in the drain holes, it involves dismantling the door to get at the mounting bolts and there is no guarantee of success.

So my conclusion was to look for either spares, used or complete new side-mirrors. I've trawled the web for spares and found no sources as of yet. There are new and used ones on ebay but many people wont ship to the UK, used ones are risky and likely to be just as bad. So I'm stuck waiting for something to turn-up. A pair of mirrors from a write-off would be good.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket replacement Side Mirrors-dsc_0050.jpg   Aftermarket replacement Side Mirrors-dsc_0059.jpg   Aftermarket replacement Side Mirrors-dsc_0060.jpg   Aftermarket replacement Side Mirrors-dsc_0055.jpg   Aftermarket replacement Side Mirrors-power-mirror-service-003.jpg  

Old 09-07-2015, 03:31 PM

Have you went on Youtube to see if there's Anything on there? GL!