PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

After batt died speakers won't work

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Default After batt died speakers won't work

Went snowboarding and my 2003 h2 died. Key got stuck and all till we cleaned The batt up. Once it started the the speakers stop working and still won't play. The cd player works just no sound or no sound from the onstar also.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Not sure other than checking the condition of the battery and terminal connection. The speakers shouldn't be fused seperatly from the radio power function. Doubtful that all the speakers blew out, but possible that a surge from the newly cleaned terminals from the battery caused a spike in the radio.

Anyone know if there is a self test on the radio head unit?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 AM

Do you think it could be the onstar stuck on or something since it shuts the speakers off when it comes on

Old 03-10-2012, 10:40 AM

maybe it could be a blown fuse?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cashville
maybe it could be a blown fuse?
Yeah I would check the power at the amplifier, do you have the bose system? if so the amp should be under the center console in the rear. It's very possible you surged the amp, and blew the fuse. Just test the lines. It's where it's supposed to be but you should never use "always" when discussing automotive items

Also remember that it's always best to charge the battery, then start the truck, avoid jump starts; electronics don't like surges of power. I worked for BMW for years and I've seen my fair share of screwed up electronics from jump starts. A friend of mine was a mercedes mechanic, we used to swap horror stories. My favorite is the ecu that flashed itself to german. So instead of the info display saying "lights on" it was displaying "Lichter an". The lady came in yelling "I DON'T KNOW WHAT BITTEN ARGUMENTIN IS". I don't either so don't ask.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM

I had a similar issue about a year ago, all the sudden I lost all audio. After about 3 weeks of no audio I tried to turn the volume up via the steering wheel and it worked fine. It has to be something simple I'm curious to know what you find.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM

Been a while and I drive with out a radio still. Can't take it anymore.

How do I test the amp , I check the fuses under the hood is that it, any hidden amp fuses

Radio still has power, could it still be the radio that is the problem or the fuse at the radio

Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM

I was never able to find any hidden fuses. There is the set under the hood then on the driver side access panel. You can always try the GM reset procedure if you have a spare half hour and are feeling that desperate.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM

Look up TSB #02-08-44-020B and see if it fits your problem. There is another issue that pops up on the H2's. There is a 5 wire connector that plugs into the gear selector housing, under the center shift console. Every time you move the selector, the wires bend and flex, until one breaks. Then you cannot move the selector out of Park and the key does not come out of the ignition. Fix the wires with flex computer ribbon wire and the problem goes away.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM

I got the keys out after I put a batt in it. It's just that the radio comes on but there's no sound, no door chimes, no on star now. All I care about is some tunes

Quick Reply: After batt died speakers won't work