PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ABS and TC warning lights

Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Default ABS and TC warning lights

After I came home in December after the first snow storm, I went out again to get some groceries and had a terrible time getting back up my driveway. Had to go 4WL and difflock in TC2 and was still having problems......then all of a sudden she grabbed and started throwing snow and up we went. After all theslipping, sliding and throwing snow all over trying to get up my driveway, when I went to turn her off, I noticed that the ABS and TC(with slash throughit) amber indicators on cluster were on.
I don't know what happened, but somehow the ABs and TC were disabled. That must have been what enabled me to to get alot of spin and dig through the snow and ice and get traction.
After I took in the food, I started her up and the indicators were no longer lighted, haven't had issues with either system since. ANY IDEAS?

I figure the base problem with traction is 1)the HUGE footprint of the H2 tires, 2) the tires are BFG AT's (small lug) and that they are slightly worn.Combined with3) a very steep paved driveway with almost 10" of fluffy dry snow with some ice. I figure that with the fairly low psi footprint not being able to work it's way to the asphalt, the lateralforce due to the steap incline allowed the snow between the tire and the pavement to shear and the truck to slide.

Not so fun when boulders on one side go up so you can slide into them, and the ones on the other side go down among the trees so if you slide off you can roll over.
Best way I've figured out is to get up some speed and make it as far up as possible (hopefully to the turnout) and park then shovel. I am looking for a different tire for winter, any ideas on tires?
Solved snow problem for My driveway.......bought a big a$$ snowblower!
MikeH

Old 01-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Default RE: ABS and TC warning lights

ORIGINAL: Rusty_03
After I took in the food, I started her up and the indicators were no longer lighted, haven't had issues with either system since. ANY IDEAS?
My manual says the transmission will automatically switch out of 4WL and locked if your speed exceeds 15 mph. Sounds like that is what happened when your spun your tires.