PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

alarms suk (theft need help)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Default alarms suk (theft need help)

well my worst fear came true 2day. my hummer 06 h3 was broken in to. i have the alarm called pursuit and it was installed by the hummer dealer and i also have a scanner in another location cause the factory alarm just has a blue small led so i figure need something bigger so theifs can see it but did not bother the person who broke in. i let my wife take the hummer to work in the winter for better saftey and she parks in front of the building in the front spot and she's maybe 30 feet from the buildings front entrance. the person smashed the front passenger window and glass was all over,the front seats,dash,cup holders,in the vents,back seats and even in the trunk area. they stoll my $800 garmin nuvi 5000 gps unit.the took everything and must no that the holder was needed to power it .they also took the a/v cable that runs into my glove box to connect my rear camera. the police came and a report was done and they dusted for prints and found nothing which i figured cause its cold as hell out and probally did not wana cut them selfs cause its believed they never opened the door and they leaned in. my wifes company has cameras so waiting to see if they caught something in the meantime i am checking ebay and craigs list to see if they are trying to sell it , so if u guys here anything let me no. i live in IL and it was a garmin nuvi 5000 and the unit,holder and power cord was taken along with a a/v cable and a video coupler ( blue in color ) the hummer is in geting fixed at the dealer and will be ready tomorrow but gona be out $230 for the window repair so just thought u guys wana no if u have a alarm it wont do squat if the theif is determined and dont care where your hummer is parked. i also think it was a co worker of hers cause it just seems funny that they new what to do and new where the cables ran and everything.will let u guys no if they get caught cause the police asked if i would prosacute and my wife said i would be there in a heart beat with bells on and i told her i hope the police find him be4 i do. HUMMER ON PEOPLE AND KEEP A GOOD EYE ON YOUR HUMMER'S

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/90D3263A1071426EB1B68DA74EA45DDD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Default RE: alarms suk (theft need help)

Well.....Alarms dont really do squat, its only good to keep a peace of mind but in reality it doesnt prevent anything other than possibly getting car jacked if you have an alarm with a ignition cut or something. The only way to prevent getting breakins is to not drive your vehicle.....or you can try not to leave GPS units in plain view. My wifes car was broken into because she left the GPS window mount on the window. The crack head that broke in stole the mount and found the GPS she left in the glove compartment.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 AM

well she figured parking that close to the front of the building no 1 would try anything when people are always coming and going so i hope when she goes into work they have some great news that the camera caught them.i had the alarm put in for peace of mind but whats the point if i no now people will do what they want no matter what,if they are desperate they will try anything

Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 AM

Lucky, you have a beautiful H3, and I wish you all the best in finding who was responsible for this.

I really doubt the cameras will help, unless one camera was focused directly on your H3 and zoomed in, there is a huge degree of difficulty identifying an individual. You have to match clothes and shoes and size of the person.
If the camera moves and scans there is a possibility that the theif broke in when the camera wasn't pointed in your H3's direction. The whole smash and grap probably took under 25 seconds to complete and he was gone.
I really hope the camera works for you, but I just didn't want you to get your hopes up.

Good luck, and take care

Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 AM

invest in a nice 357 revolver and a place to dump the body!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 AM

Unfortunately alarms are pretty worthless now a days. Even if you had had one that would detect the shock or even window breakage people pretty much just ignore the sound of the alarm. Unless you have an alarm that pages you and you sit less than 20 seconds from your vehicle the crime has already happened.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: hummerfamily

invest in a nice 357 revolver and a place to dump the body!

ohh wow

Old 01-13-2009, 06:05 PM

acourse the camera did not pick it up is what i was told.figures they dont have them placed on the front of the building.now i am trying to get her company to pay for it.i think they are responsible i mean they have had 6 other cars broke into in the last year and if u ask me that was enough of a warning to address security but they decided to just ignore it so i told them if they dont take care of the $1,040 bill i will have to take legal action so will let u guys no. i just heard They arrested 2 brothers last night who have been breaking into cars and they recovered a ton of electronics and gps units so i am waiting to see if they found my unit and if so they where caught, if not they are still out there will keep u guys updated. WATCH YOUR HUMMER'S EVERY 1 AND HUMMER ON

Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 PM

In all due respectI wonder why you would leave a $850 GPS on your windshield when you new you were in a "high crime" area. It seems to me that you are just as responsible.....probably more so than the business. Nevertheless, no hard feelings just my view.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:30 PM

Yeah.. You ain't gonna get the folks she works for to pay it unless they are just really nice and feel sorry for you. There's no way they can be held liable unless the building fell on it and broke the window.

There was a video floating around for a while of a guy keying an H2 shot from hidden cameras on the vehicle. As cheap as camera and recording gear is getting,have 24/7 surveilence on the thing.. They break into it I promise that video will be in the 6 o'clock news and not just the police trying hit or miss to find finger prints.

Quick Reply: alarms suk (theft need help)