PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

About to pull the trigger...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:14 PM

Not an H2 guy but have read about and seen my fair share on the Fox editions and from the original Fox Edition pix I have that IS one of them. The rims have been changed but most of the SMA / Fox parts are still there. If you like it, drive it, check out completely and make a low offer and see what they come back with. The negotiations are 1/2 the fun.

SMA Teams with Fox Racing to Build Special

Tempe, AZ - SMAŽ continues to be the leader in aftermarket accessories for the Hummer H2. SMA and Fox Racing have partnered together to bring the automotive and motocross industry together for a very exciting event. SMA and Fox Racing have agreed to build 500 Fox Racing SMA H2 trucks. The limited run of H2 trucks will be split into two categories — a 180 truck and a 360 truck — offered in SUV or SUT form and each modified with unique performance and in-car entertainment features to stand out from the crowd.

With the development of the Fox series trucks, SMA has once again provided its customer base with the most unique, aggressive, and powerful Hummer on the road. The 180 truck comes with the appearance package containing multiple Fox branded products. The 360 truck comes with either a 4” Rancho lift or supercharged with a Magnuson Supercharger. The 360 truck is one of the most aggressive off-road vehicles produced.

SMA’s additional touches to the Fox trucks include SMA’s Fox branded 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum billet accessories finished in either satin or new titanium, Fox branded dash cluster covers, and Fox branded headrests with video monitors and DVD capability*. The Fox logo can also be found in the door buckets, door sills, and the 15.5” x 37” hood panel. The SMA light bar, brush guard, and roof rack allow you to take the vehicle anywhere possible. All trucks are fitted with Weld Commando wheels and BF Goodrich tires. Each truck will be uniquely numbered with a billet aluminum dash plaque. One of the best aspects of this vehicle is that all product is made in the USA!

Last edited by TAINTER; 04-10-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:15 AM

Went yesterday, they would not come down enough. I agree with some of the comments here, they won't be able to get rid of it quickly, so i will keep an eye on it and see if they bug me in a week or so. It is even more obnoxious in real life than in pics, loved it. Would definitely wrap the interior pieces, too much chrome.

Thanks for all the tips, i will keep you posted. back on the hunt for another.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Ya The paint is a bit... eye-catching but hey, we don't drive our H2's to blend in do we? To bad it didn't come with a set of Fox Racing shocks. lol The price didn't seem to bad either, But all dealerships have some wiggle room. Geez I got my '03 with 140K and drove 6 hours to get it. Brought the dealer down to 12K (he wanted 14.5K) and a full tank of gas to get home

Good Luck!!

Old 04-12-2014, 05:51 PM

Yeah, let them sit on it and see what happens. We all know they'll be calling you begging you to come back in.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:04 AM

Yeah I just recently bought my 03 H2 about 2 months ago. I noticed a lot of dealers weren't willing to move on prices....at least locally here in Minnesota anyways. So I took a flight into Chicago area and worked a decent deal on mine. It had newer tires with boring chrome rims, 86k miles, DVD players in the headrests. They were asking $15,500 and I got it for $14,500...but I had to remind them of my $400 flight and the gas for a 7 hour commute back. They never even put it on the market since I put money down to save it for almost 2 weeks for me. I'm extremely happy that I did the deal though.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:01 PM

What also is an option, if that dealership who has the 2 is in a dealer group. Find another dealership which you like better, a salesman who will work with you and ask them to trade a vehicle to bring the 2 there. Then you can work with them and buy from the other dealership.

I've done that before. The first dealership gets absolutely pissed lol!