PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

About to pull the trigger...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Default About to pull the trigger...thoughts?

Hello all,
Long time lurker, had an 07 H2 I had to sell for work and now looking to get back into a deuce. I have searched for awhile now and found this FOX 180 edition. I know the 180 is all cosmetic upgrades, but I want an SUT this time and actually kind of dig the two tone paint. Not a big chrome fan but figured if it doesnt grow on me I would wrap the chrome pieces. Any thoughts on mileage, price etc would be appreciated. Hoping to re-join the club soon.

Thanks

Denver, CO 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT SUT FOX 180 Special Edition Used SUV Brighton, CO Boulder, CO Johnson Auto Plaza | G474721A | 5GRGN22U75H129677

Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM

Seems like a fair price at least compared to what they go for here in FL for that mileage. Looks in good shape with some cool upgrades too. I would def come in with a low offer due to the paint. That's cool if you like it but seems like they would have a harder time selling it because of the paint? Just my 2 cents

Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 PM

I like it, It is different. That's a fair price, good miles with great options. Hard to tell on the actual condition, looks like it could use a good wash. I would love to see that one in my area, would ****** it up.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:52 AM

They are asking $1,500 over the middle KBB pricing because of why, the mods? Mods don't increase your trade in value so why should they impact the sale price? Honestly the mods aren't anything special IMO and the paint is absolutely horrible. As mentioned I'd come in extremely low, I'm talking $21k flat and go from there.

And don't even let them pull your chain with this Fox special edition junk. That's as bad as dealerships adding decals to vehicles and making people think they're buying a special trim of nothing but a base model and charging thousands more.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 AM

I kinda like it. I say go for it if you like it.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 AM

Thanks for the input. I knew some would hate the paint, I like, its different and a little obnoxious (in a good way).

I called and talked them down 1,300 on the phone so I am sure they a lot of wiggle room. Carfax looks good. Going to head over tomorrow and see what they can do.

Have to wait until next week to finalize though as I am switching jobs at the moment.

Fingers crossed no one grabs it. Either way I'll find one, got the H2 bug again.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:15 PM

I won't lie....DEFIANTLY not my thing BUT if you like it that's all that matters. Honestly with that paint job I would expect it to be a lot cheaper though cause most people I know would run from a color combo like that. Seems like it would be a really tuff sell. Let us know what you decide.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:12 PM

I definitely agree, if you like it then go for it. Just because I don't doesn't mean crap lol.

But as it has been mentioned, this thing is so customized they are lucky to find ANYONE interested in it. Meaning the ball is in your court with the deal.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:57 AM

Look at it this way, $23,987 for a 9 year old truck (probably 10 years if you look at the in-service date) with basically a 100,000 miles a and hideous paint job!! No way in hell !!!! I have been into deuces longer then most, purchased my first new one in 05 and have never heard of a "fox" edition ! Clearly some dealerships did this.Good luck getting a loan with that age & milage...

Look around I have seen newer, nicer, lower milage H2T's in the 17-18k range

Last edited by ak47dennis; 04-10-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:35 AM

ak47: I don't like the chrome interior, but the exterior paint is sweet IMO. I agree though price is a little steep, going Saturday to drive and check it all out. Here is a link about fox edition, done by SMA (now defunct)

2005 Hummer H2 - Custom Hummer - Truckin' Magazine

Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger...thoughts?