Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

52" LED lightbar installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Talking 52" LED lightbar installed

Hey guys,

I installed a 52" LED lightbar with modified headlight switch from an '09 GMC Acadia just to retain the stock headlight look.

Here's some pics.

Name:  IMG_6916.jpg
Views: 3729
Size:  89.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6917.jpg
Views: 7300
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6918.jpg
Views: 7257
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6919.jpg
Views: 2603
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6922.jpg
Views: 3750
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6926.jpg
Views: 2524
Size:  56.9 KB

Old 07-07-2014, 03:40 PM

How do you have it mounted? I see you have 4 roof rails, that looks better than I thought it would. Killer rig. How to the grill guard lights with the headlights compare to the bar?

Old 07-07-2014, 04:35 PM

I just drilled two holes on the side/middle of the crossbar and installed the nut inside. The LED light bar are insanely bright with the spot/flood combo...i actually don't need to turn ON the brushguard fog lights as the LED light bar overpowers it.

Last edited by citiboy; 07-08-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:43 PM

where did you buy the led bar?

and where did you run the wire thru?

i love your setup

thanks

Old 07-08-2014, 03:51 PM

I bought it from ebay.

The light bar had the wire on the right side, drilled 2 holes on the crossbar, insert it on the right and came out on the left. I bought a 2 wire delphi weatherproof connector and installed it at the bottom end (left) of the crossbar. I then ran the wire behind the windshield side cover and snake it to the engine compartment fuse box where i installed a 30/40a relay.

Last edited by citiboy; 07-08-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:26 AM

Can explain what you did to mod switch? I think it should be pretty simple to do. Are you using the switch as ground to activate relay or positive. Do use that switch to activate light bar and brush guard lights separately? That switch looks like it has two option for asserory lights one push button in the middle of the headlight rotation switch and another below the interior/dash light dimmer... It that the case?
Oh yeah I like it!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Terds
Can explain what you did to mod switch? I think it should be pretty simple to do. Are you using the switch as ground to activate relay or positive. Do use that switch to activate light bar and brush guard lights separately? That switch looks like it has two option for asserory lights one push button in the middle of the headlight rotation switch and another below the interior/dash light dimmer... It that the case?
Oh yeah I like it!
This is the momentary switch i used. I removed the old one and just drop this one in. I installed wires from the main headlight connector for the aux light.
Amazon.com: ACDelco D1554J OE Service Headlight Switch: Automotive Amazon.com: ACDelco D1554J OE Service Headlight Switch: Automotive

The latching switch use ground to activate, so i installed 2 of these and used 'em in latched mode.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEI-611T-Mos...item1e883f202c

The middle round fog switch is for my LED lightbar and the square fog light switch is for the 2 front brush guard mounted fogs. I installed an led indicator bulb for the round switch so i know if the LED light bar is ON or OFF.

Last edited by citiboy; 07-19-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 PM

Are the latches feeding directly to the lights? or are they feeding to relays?

In what situation would you be in that you would need that LED indication on the switch for the light bar. That light bar is bright as F#%K and hard to be mistaken that it is on. Just Kidding over kill is the only way to build! I can imagine your explination...
Well... I had a "vision" that zombies covered my windshield, side windows, rear window Oh... and the sunroof with 4 feet of brains and guts.... I need to know my light bar isn't on... OK

I'll be ordering these parts shortly. I've been tring to find that just right switch for awhile now and thanks to you it is found. I currently have touch sensor switch... It works, it's hidden but not what I really wanted.
Thank for sharing

Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 AM

Well, here's how the 2 fog light momentary switch works...if you switch it ON, it sends a single pulse (ground signal) but the switch doesn't stay pressed. To switch it OFF, it has to be press again. That's why it needs to have a latching relay to make this switch work. You can make your own latching relay, but i decided to go with the DEI 611T. I followed the headlight wiring circuit for the pin-out on '09 Cadillac Escalade.

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp see Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse

I also noticed that my instrument cluster has a fog light indicator. To make this work, you have to connect the round fog light switch to the BCM and the BCM will act as a latching relay, so you don't need to buy one. I don't want to messed anything with the BCM so, i went with this route.

The only reason i installed a pilot led light for my LED lightbar is during daylight if i accidentally hit the switch, i have no idea if it's ON or OFF, at night of course is not a problem. This thing is sooo bright, i can tell if the mosquito is male or female...LOL!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:27 PM

Nice I can't wait for mine setup to get here

Quick Reply: 52" LED lightbar installed