PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50" LED Light Bar - $600 Brand New

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Default 50" LED Light Bar - $600 Brand New

Has anyone bought a light bar from GG Lighting? They have a 50" LED light bar with nearly identical specs (that I can tell) as the 50" from Rigid for nearly 1/3 the price.

Here's the 50" G2 from GG Lighting for $600.

And here's the specs for the Rigid 50" $1,600.

What do you guys think? Are there other specs that are not as good as the Rigid? Like maybe LED life or warm up time?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:02 PM

I don't own any LED bars but they have really peaked my interest. I've read up a lot about them. Pretty much all of the LED's are coming from China. Companies like Rigid only make the housings then add the "guts" if you will. I plan on changing all my roof rack lights to LED eventually as they just look cleaner and have more light output but you can bet I won't be paying full retail from a company like Rigid. I've bought a lot of LED products straight from China and typically never had issues with them. Shipping is horribly slow but that's expected.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 PM

I'm with LoJac. I think they are basically the same thing from the same place. I've been watching the prices on these and they are slowly coming down from places like Rigid. Probably because you can get the same thing from China much cheaper. Plus the G2 lights come with the free pod LED's that would go great on the back of a Gobi. 50" is what I want on mine. I'm on the fence whether I want the straight bar or curved bar or quad row. Either way, I'm not paying over a grand for any of them.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:54 PM

Lj said it best. Say no to retail.
Plus, I think I have seen many 50 inch LED bars for less than 600 bucks (300-400?)

Old 05-24-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Lj said it best. Say no to retail.
Plus, I think I have seen many 50 inch LED bars for less than 600 bucks (300-400?)
The cheapest I've found are from GG-Lighting. If you know of other companies that are selling them for the same price or less - let everyone know!

Old 05-24-2014, 03:22 PM

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to route the wiring from roof rack lights to inside the cab and engine bay? I've heard that the driver side marker light is one possible route, then down the A-pillar and through the firewall.

Has anyone gone the marker light route? If so, did you cut a hole in the lens or what? Any tips and or pictures of your setup would be really helpful.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:48 PM

I did not, I have a HUGE bundle of wires coming from my roof rack for my 8 front lights and 2 rear lights. The bundle runs under the driver side corner marker light trim, down the windshield trim (the piece that rattles if you don't fix it), under the cowel and into the engine compartment. My switch panel wires then go from the cab into the engine compartment to run each individual relay to control the lights.

With all the horror stories of leaking into the interior from the marker lights, those were the last things I wanted to mess with.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I did not, I have a HUGE bundle of wires coming from my roof rack for my 8 front lights and 2 rear lights. The bundle runs under the driver side corner marker light trim, down the windshield trim (the piece that rattles if you don't fix it), under the cowel and into the engine compartment. My switch panel wires then go from the cab into the engine compartment to run each individual relay to control the lights.

With all the horror stories of leaking into the interior from the marker lights, those were the last things I wanted to mess with.
So to be clear, you did run your wires through the driver side marker light? Do you have a picture of how you got the wires through that marker light lens? Did you drill a hole?

Old 05-25-2014, 10:44 PM

No no, I ran them under the black plastic trim by the corner marker light. I didn't mess with the actual marker light at all. Tomorrow when the sun is out I'll take some pics for you.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
No no, I ran them under the black plastic trim by the corner marker light. I didn't mess with the actual marker light at all. Tomorrow when the sun is out I'll take some pics for you.
Can you describe the process for removing the plastic windshield trim and the box shaped cover on the hood?

Also, if you're taking pics, can you take pics of your relays in the engine bay and the switches in the cab?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 50" LED Light Bar - $600 Brand New