PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35" terra grapplers, new lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
Not sure if I would have the ***** to destroy the value of my deuce like that unless it was a basket case to start with
It's not permanent by any means, google plastidip.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
are you leaving off the lower grill or putting it back on with the lights in place? If you want a more stout mount you can pick up some aluminum stock at your local hardware store and make the bracket from that. That is what I did with my roof rack lights.
I am leaving the grill on. Here's some pics with everything mounted. Still need to adjust the roof a little but so far it looks awesome!! Wiring is next

Attached Thumbnails 35" terra grapplers, new lights-img_1339.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-img_1338.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-img_1337.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-img_1336.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-img_1340.jpg  

Old 08-13-2014, 03:01 PM

Ah, good, much better with that lower grill in place. I'd love to do something similar but I'm always concerned with decreasing airflow over the condenser/radiator living in AZ with the heat....but I really want to now lol

Old 08-14-2014, 10:12 PM

Wiring done for the work lights they are very bright! I was also able to get them straightened out with a zip tie on each end of the metal bracket. Each end was bending down slightly so I zip tied the ends to the frame to pull each side up and be level. Worked out perfect and it's very solid now too

Attached Thumbnails 35" terra grapplers, new lights-image.jpg  
Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 PM

Final pictures attached of wiring through firewall. Lights turned out great!

Attached Thumbnails 35" terra grapplers, new lights-led1.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-led2.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-wiring1.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-wiring2.jpg   35" terra grapplers, new lights-wiring3.jpg  

Old 08-28-2014, 09:57 AM

You mentioned the work lights being 4" but is that 4" total including the mounting bracket or is the actual square housing 4 inches? I've seen both sets, 4" total and 4" without including the bracket which makes them about 4 and 3/4"

I think I may add these to my list as well, can never have enough lights lol. Plus I have some extra switches that need to be wired up.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:32 PM

Something about putting lights behind a grill seems so wrong to me. Granted it looks good, and if look is all your'e going for than you pulled it off. Part of me just feels there is too much light that gets wasted. Unless I'm wrong and a ton of light gets through, in that case I would love to be wrong.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Helga She Is Fine
Something about putting lights behind a grill seems so wrong to me. Granted it looks good, and if look is all your'e going for than you pulled it off. Part of me just feels there is too much light that gets wasted. Unless I'm wrong and a ton of light gets through, in that case I would love to be wrong.
You are correct, I was just noticing the other evening how shinning my 300 lumen Streamlight thru my back door screen door (placed right against) how diffused the light had become...I can't imagine the loss thru a grill!

Old 08-30-2014, 02:47 PM

I run the same tires in 37x20 and love them! They fling mud pretty damn well.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
You are correct, I was just noticing the other evening how shinning my 300 lumen Streamlight thru my back door screen door (placed right against) how diffused the light had become...I can't imagine the loss thru a grill!
loss of light through the grill is very minimal. Just look at all the ford raptors who are putting 40" and 30" led bars behind the main grills (I did the same when i owned a raptor) and they still light up the whole block. Same with my 4" LEDs behind the grill, they are super bright, you would never guess their light being blocked.

I really like it because they are out of harms way too, so my brush guard is still the most forward accessory, also people can't mess with them when they are behind the grill

Last edited by accely; 08-30-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: 35" terra grapplers, new lights