Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2008 Hummer H2 Duramax

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by flyday58
Interestinger and interestinger...

We like to do out of the ordinary stuff

We just started another project that we see a need for for the VW/ Audi crowd.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
The engine & trans is not $5k or anywhere near that low of a number. Show me a 50k=ish mileage Allison & LMM for that price.

$5k.... I demand a link for that! As much as you want a complete guide, I want cheap parts!
Synthetickiller,
There are lots of Diesels out there for sale, along with Allisons trans, for near that mark. Ok sure 5k is the low mark, but hell you can put together a package on ebay for 6k... maybe 7k
(so ok, I was off by a grand or 2)

personally I think if you are going to do it, do it the way of the OP and it wont cost hardly much.
You can get the trucks on the net all day long for 15k, even less if it is all banged up

Old 06-29-2016, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by yrkdmaxh2
A small customer focused company you never heard of.

Mine

I've been communicating with a member on here about what he wants for his conversion.

Even if he doesn't choose to use us, he is now better educated on what's available and what will suit HIS needs best.

Maybe he will chime in...
This is the best way to chime in, lol.

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Synthetickiller,
There are lots of Diesels out there for sale, along with Allisons trans, for near that mark. Ok sure 5k is the low mark, but hell you can put together a package on ebay for 6k... maybe 7k
(so ok, I was off by a grand or 2)

personally I think if you are going to do it, do it the way of the OP and it wont cost hardly much.
You can get the trucks on the net all day long for 15k, even less if it is all banged up
I'm not sure about you, maybe you have all of the tools, space & the spare time, but I know I don't.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:15 PM

LMAO!!

I'm not sure about you, maybe you have all of the tools, space & the spare time, but I know I don't.
Yes and no. Would I want to tackle something like this? Maybe when I was younger, but what I stated wasnt about being able to do it, but about the costs of doing it to the shops out there.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:50 PM

Haha well done sir!

Old 06-29-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
LMAO!!

Yes and no. Would I want to tackle something like this? Maybe when I was younger, but what I stated wasnt about being able to do it, but about the costs of doing it to the shops out there.

Agreed, while it is time intensive, and some skill is obviously needed there is no reason to take the customer across the coals.

Like someone else mentioned the H2's aren't the super high priced suv's that they used to be, so people aren't always going to pay a small fortune for a conversion.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Default Sooooooooooooooo...

How about that step by step guide?

Even a draft guide would be nice. I'm sure it would help people out on their conversions and would be a good way for more people to take the jump and get their H2 converted.

Old 09-17-2016, 05:42 PM

how about wiring on transfercase imn all done except for that 05 h2 with duramax

Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 PM

i need help with duramax swap my transfercase from duramax to hummer anyone knows would realy appreiate it

Old 12-20-2016, 10:02 AM

Beautiful truck.
I have an 08 (same color as yours) that was converted by Mash Motors a few years back. I would love to know how you are getting that kind of MPG from yours, I am getting 15 or 16 max. I have a PPE programmer that is normally set to level 3 but even at level 1 my MPG does not change.
Did you have to fabricate anything special for yours?
I know on mine the AC lines are different from stock and they make it in-house.

Quick Reply: 2008 Hummer H2 Duramax