PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 H2 Seats cracking.... where to buy or replace?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Default 2005 H2 Seats cracking.... where to buy or replace?

I tried a search, but didn't come up with much. Thought I could get some help here.

I've kept up with oiling/conditioning the seats pretty good, but where my wife puts the car seat for the little one has taken it's toll. The cracking has gotten pretty bad and I'm thinking of just getting new covers or seats. The cushions are fine, but we need new covers. I want the factory look, but can't find any on-line, everything is an aftermarket that looks like a wet okole (spelling???). Not that those are not nice, but we want the factory leather feel and look.

Do I have to replace the entire seat or can I just take it somewhere to have it redone? Can I purchase new covers somewhere and have a pro fix them? If you have a link to a web page that would be great. Thanks in advance for any help. If it wasn't too expensive, I'd do the entire interior to make it all match and look brand new again. The rest of the Hummer is in like new condition.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 PM

My first suggestion is to identify where the large auto auction is in your area.

You will almost definitely find someone in that immediate area who specializes is car reconditioning.

For example Manheim and I stopped by there and asked around for who the best recon shop was. It was located just across the road. Had my front seats redone for $225 each. That was new leather, new foam, and it looks great.

Katzskin used to sell skins for the Hummer but a quick check shows that they no longer do. I'm sure they could come up with some but appears it may be a one off.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:48 PM

you can take the truck to trim shop and have the seats refurbished with new leather,or you can find a wrecked H2 and get those seats,

I bought Black Neoprime (Off-Road)Hummer seat covers for my H2, I bought them on line, for $300.00 some time ago and there still on there, I clean and nurioush the seats every 6 months, and replace the black covers, they were for going out in the Mud, so you dident ruin the good leather seats........

They are very tough and water/mud proof when getting in and out of the truck...

I also bought the Magnetic door pannels, so not to stratch the truck when out 4-wheeling in the mud and tree scrapes

Hope this Helps......H2/H3

Old 06-07-2011, 08:54 PM

Check eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-h...#ht_2072wt_823 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-H...item1e6290ee02 I have bought stuff from here and am very satisfied. Good luck

Last edited by Caraddict; 06-07-2011 at 09:02 PM.