PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 H2 get HOT very soon :-(

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Default 2004 H2 get HOT very soon :-(

Hi everyone

hope that everyone is fine...

can anyone tell me...why H2 2004 model become heated very soon..

my cars temperature become is always 50% ... sometime is goes upto 75%...

i went to one shop, they said i have to clean radiator as it isn't cleaned any once....also they changed the thermostat....

but still there is no difference in temperature..both...engine and other temperature (located on the extreme left side and extreme right side on speedometer)

can anyone tell me what will be the problem??

yesterday i parked my car and compressor was on...after 15 minutes the needle was showing 100% and there comes message on the screen something like this ENGINE TOO HOT....i switched off the car and everything....after 10-15 minutes i switched ON the car with compressor off and it was showing 75 percent and when i drove it come to 50%....

any suggestion.what to do??

now radiator is cleaned and thermostat is new...what else?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Default Heat Problems

Replace your clutch fan.........check to see that the fan cage is there...

if you can spin it more than 1 revelotion, or it is loose......before you start the motor (cold)

it regulates the heat, as the eng gets hotter, the fan engauges and cools down the Motor in sitting still modes..............w/or without a/c on

when going down the road over 33 mph the fan quits drawing air due to forward moving pushes air into condenser and radator.............unless its super-hot outside..............

If all else fails, install a Pusher Electric dc Fan to the a/c clutch line, with a Relay.. this will enable you to run your truck it the Hotest enviorment and stay cool inside...............

Rick H2/h3

Old 09-07-2011, 12:45 AM

Thanks 2004H2

yesterday i went to one mechanic and after reviewing the problem he suggested to change the lutch fan and he will put any electric fan aur something like that...

he said he did it in other hummers also and it fixed the problem...
if this is what you also said than i am go for this option soon...

one more thing...in some cars they put small fan outside the radiator to make it cool..not inside engine but outside engine infront of radiator..can we put in hummer also??? will it be helpful making the radiator cool or cars temperature good???

Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2004H2
If all else fails, install a Pusher Electric dc Fan to the a/c clutch line, with a Relay.. this will enable you to run your truck it the Hotest enviorment and stay cool inside...............

Rick H2/h3
so the fan will only come on when the a/c is on? If you have done this did you feel the difference with the electric fan in performance wise?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Hi,

I installled an Electric fan on the condenser (Pusher Fan)on an H2, becuase my freind was having cooling problems with his truck, the relay set-up i used was a Bosch relay (fused) 30 Amp to the battery and the sens wire to the clutch, he only overheated when the a/c was on..............in traffic....stop/go.......

I think the fan was super slim 14 inch, its been awhile since i installed it from the autostore

The amp draw was 18,no power differance was noticed, only cold air Blowing out the a/c, and Engine was at/around 190 degeres

Pusher fans go on the outside of the condenser.......to cool for the a/c and radator..............also pusher fans can go right on the Radator also if you dont have Air Cond to keep the engine cooler.......

Puller fans go inside the Radator Cage if theres room and theres no room with an H2...........

You can set it up the electric fan to run all the time but it was only needed for the a/c and Motor at high demand times in summer heat........

Rick H2/H3

Last edited by 2004H2; 09-07-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 AM

Thanks 2004H2

i have fixed my car
the mechanic put electric fan and connected it with battery and also 2 more things he put inside due to which my engines noise is also low. and when the temperature is also fixed now.hurrayyyy