PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 H2 Driver Side Rear Marker Out

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Default 2004 H2 Driver Side Rear Marker Out

I acquired a 2004 H2 with 71K miles from my brother in law who hadn't driven it in five years. Sad right? Anyway, the rear side marker on the drivers side above the gas cap was out when I got it. I thought it was a bad integrated LED unit, which I bought at the cost of $130(big mistake) and then realized that it was not going to be possible to extract the old unit without some minor surgery even with the access panel behind the spare removed. I could not access the body clip holding the wiring harness in place so I clipped the leads and now have the two leads from the main wiring harness. Alas....there is no power to this circuit in any light mode so no wonder the marker hasn't worked.

Any suggestions? Could it be further upstream and be a relay gone bad? The passenger side rear marker works fine in all modes as does the front marker on the drivers side leading me to say it's NOT a relay.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:12 AM

I would try to trace those wires feeding the marker to the front of the rig and check each wire for continuity to make sure there isn't a bad wire. I would imagine if the front amber driver side marker is working then the rear red marker should work as well.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I would try to trace those wires feeding the marker to the front of the rig and check each wire for continuity to make sure there isn't a bad wire. I would imagine if the front amber driver side marker is working then the rear red marker should work as well.
yes, the amber front left marker is working. I thought of doing just as you say, however there are THREE pairs of brown and light blue wires in that larger harness going thru the access panel.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:02 PM

Well that's annoying lol. Hopefully someone will chime in who's had their interior ripped apart in the past. I had bought billet bezels for the side markers and the reason I sold them was I could not get the rears disconnected.