PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2003 Hummer H2 front end collision.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Default 2003 Hummer H2 front end collision.

Hi, I was just in a front end collision with the back of a semi truck trailer. The front hood is definitely ruined, it's leaking antifreeze, the two fake air breathers popped off and busted, the windshield is cracked, the front driver door was being jammed because the front fender part area was pushed in a way that the door cant open. Same with the front passenger door, jammed closed. The brush guard is mangled but thats not too big of a deal. I have no clue if the frame or anything is damaged or what. I do know that the engine was still running after I hit the trailer, it drove fine, normal as I could best tell because I had to drive it into a nearby parking lot because this happened getting off a highway. What my question after telling you this is, since Hummer is discontinued, do they have any of the parts Im going to need to have this thing fixed. Its going to a Hummer certified dealer, but Im just curious if theres even any hope considering the scarcity of certain parts. By looking at the back of the trailer, you wouldn't think it cause that much damage to my H2. I was only going 20 MPH, but the heavy rain cause me to hydroplane into him. The semi trailer only looks bent inward with 2 small holes in the back from the two front tow hooks. Thank You in advance for answering my question. I hope theres some parts out there left.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:23 PM

glad you are ok! subscribed to find out info on the topic.

steve

Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 PM

Thank You, I feel alright, just a little shaken. It's sad that my H2 is messed up, and I have had her since 2003 when they first came out brand new. She held up great, I just want to return the favor to her for doing such a great job of protecting me. No problem steve, the more people the better.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

I think you will be fine.... parts should be able to be found.

I was in a similar crash and it took 2 months to get fixed though...

My frame was bent with a 45mph impact..

Name:  DSC00065-1.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  107.5 KB

Old 12-10-2011, 03:33 PM

I've destroyed tons of body parts on mine including the hood and never had a problem finding replacements.
Dont let them total it, sometimes they do that just cause they want your parts....

Damn...what you hit Muddy?

Old 12-10-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gleamor
I've destroyed tons of body parts on mine including the hood and never had a problem finding replacements.
Dont let them total it, sometimes they do that just cause they want your parts....

Gleamor, How should I stop them from totaling it? I have to call them back monday and try and convince them not to total it but they want to. The estimate came to $17,360, and my insurance agent told me that it hasn't gone over the value of my H2. I have state farm and in Ohio, we don't have any law or provision that specifically stops at 75-80% of the value. In Ohio it can go up to 100% of the value before they try and total it. But they value my H2 at $18,400 as the value and the claims (officer?) feels that it's too close and wants to total it. But they only have it on their records as a base model, and mine is a Luxury model!, with thousands of dollars worth of extras (like new Limited Edition Wheels, Chrome package, entertainment system, light bars, headrest tv monitors, and a lot more). They said in their computer it said i had cloth ceats, not leather. I was like WTF?! I have leather seats, it was part of the luxury package! Where I live, there is NO H2 around that has been taken care of as well as mine, I have painted the frame, maintained it constantly, and the wheels are not pitted, and it barely has rust underneath it. They basically want to pay me what a p.o.s, rusted, neglected, abused H2 is worth. Not even close to what it would cost to find one in the same condition as mine. I've been with my H2 since 2003 when it was new and I've seen many H2's out there in terrible condition and I've seen some ok ones and I don't want to be screwed on this. How can I stop it from being total, is there a way to show its clearly worth more then they say it is? It's worth fixing it, I know that, it's not beyond repair, they just play the "age of the car" as the reason behind its low value. Never though I would be in this position to battle to save my truck. Please, all help is appreciated.

Last edited by CLajoie222; 12-10-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 PM

Again any help would be appreciated, I have to call to State Farm tomorrow and anything I can do to help my case would be great.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know if there is anything you can do.... however I have seen people buy theirs back and they fix it themselves.... but you will be without the vehicle and will bear the extra expense.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gleamor

Name:  DSC00070-1.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  133.8 KB

Old 12-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Name:  DSC00069.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  134.0 KB

Quick Reply: 2003 Hummer H2 front end collision.