Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

07 H2 lost all power to drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 PM

I have an issue as we'll. my up and down on the drivers side acts like its stuck. I know power is to it because I hear and feel a thump when I initiate the switch.

I also have an issue with the heater not working on the lower half of my front seats. The back rests work fine along with the rear seats.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Smile Feels like I saved$ 1000

Originally Posted by chadfranklin1986
I always use forums and thought I should repay the favor.

There is 3 fuse boxes in the Hummer H2. One under the hood, on in the driver side door jam and one in the floor board by your left foot.

First off my problem is the driver seat has no power by the memory buttons or by the manual controls. also no heated seats for any of the seats. I first went to the fuse box in the floor board by the drivers left foot. there is a black hex thing you can screw off with your hand and then pull the plastic cover off. there is 2 aluminum looking fuses in the lower left corners one a 25 and one a 30. I pulled both of these for about 10 seconds and then pushed them back in. after doing so my power seats were working again! (if yours doesn't work I would go buy replacements of the aluminum ones) (when doing this be sure you put them back in exactly the same way you took them out and don't flip them cause they would go in the other way but i don't think they are suppose to be flipped)

My heated seats still were not working so I went back to my fuse box in the driver door jam. in the lower left corner there is one 25 aluminum fuse that you need to pull and hold out for 10 seconds then push right back in. After that my heated seats were working again!

I did pull every fuse from all three boxes including the big black square fuses and nothing worked. I only seen a result once I went back and pulled the aluminum looking ones! Also I didn't find any busted fuses anywhere. If it was me I would look for busted fuses first (the plastic colored ones you can see inside) then do what I did.

My problem started after my battery died at a drive in movie and I had to get jumped. (also don't bother seeing lone ranger with johnny depp, it sucked)

I had the same problems as chadfranklin1986 -- no driver seat power and no front seat heaters. The three fuses described above are actually circuit breakers and are reset once they are removed from the circuits. I followed the instructions and all is working again.

THANK YOU chadfranklin1986.

I feel like I saved $1000 by not going to the dealer.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Default Seat Fixed, Thank You!

Reset the fuses in the floor box alone and this fixed my '07 H2 driver seat which was experiencing no power at the controls and no heat. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by chadfranklin1986
I always use forums and thought I should repay the favor.

There is 3 fuse boxes in the Hummer H2. One under the hood, on in the driver side door jam and one in the floor board by your left foot.

First off my problem is the driver seat has no power by the memory buttons or by the manual controls. also no heated seats for any of the seats. I first went to the fuse box in the floor board by the drivers left foot. there is a black hex thing you can screw off with your hand and then pull the plastic cover off. there is 2 aluminum looking fuses in the lower left corners one a 25 and one a 30. I pulled both of these for about 10 seconds and then pushed them back in. after doing so my power seats were working again! (if yours doesn't work I would go buy replacements of the aluminum ones) (when doing this be sure you put them back in exactly the same way you took them out and don't flip them cause they would go in the other way but i don't think they are suppose to be flipped)

My heated seats still were not working so I went back to my fuse box in the driver door jam. in the lower left corner there is one 25 aluminum fuse that you need to pull and hold out for 10 seconds then push right back in. After that my heated seats were working again!

I did pull every fuse from all three boxes including the big black square fuses and nothing worked. I only seen a result once I went back and pulled the aluminum looking ones! Also I didn't find any busted fuses anywhere. If it was me I would look for busted fuses first (the plastic colored ones you can see inside) then do what I did.

My problem started after my battery died at a drive in movie and I had to get jumped. (also don't bother seeing lone ranger with johnny depp, it sucked)

Old 06-29-2014, 02:59 PM

I am having the same problem as the above posts. IE driver's side controls not working and no heat in either seat. I pulled all three silver circuit breakers, (2 on the floor fuse box and one in the side). Nothing has worked. Any other suggestions?? They were working before I took my Hummer H2 to a shop to have part of the leather on driver's seat replaced.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tommye
I am having the same problem as the above posts. IE driver's side controls not working and no heat in either seat. I pulled all three silver circuit breakers, (2 on the floor fuse box and one in the side). Nothing has worked. Any other suggestions?? They were working before I took my Hummer H2 to a shop to have part of the leather on driver's seat replaced.
Tommye, I am having the exact same issues...did you manage to solve the problem?

Old 07-16-2015, 08:47 PM

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm having the same issue. Other then to rest my memory control module I have to unplug all the harnesses from it. Then things will work. Once I turn the DRIVERS heated seat on. It could stay on for 5 min or an hr but once I turn the truck off nothing works again until I unplug the module. What the heck is going on?

Old 03-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Default Did u found out the problem

Originally Posted by ryan
HI all,

My 07 H2 lost all power to the drivers seat controls and the heated seats on both front driver and passenger side quit working. The front passenger seat however still moves fine. I am having a heck of a time trying to find electrical diagram or info on the fuses. all the standard fuses in the engine compartment look good. I live in Alaska 6 hrs from the nearest gm or chevy dealer. Any help would be great! My wife can not reach the pedals lol.

Thanx
Ryan

did u found out the problem ...i check i fuses n aluminum breaker . N still not working..i repaced the motors n no...also repaced the module but no result n also i replace the seat control n still no answer can any one help me pliss wat esle can i do..

Old 03-05-2017, 06:39 PM

Considering Ryan asked about this 7 years ago and has not been seen here since 2014 I very much doubt he is going to reply.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Default Power loss to driver seat and both heated seats

I own a 2006 h2. I too was experiencing the same issues with my drivers seat power and both front heated seats. It started off being an intermittent issue until one day it just quit working all together. I tried the suggestions you all posted and thought It had worked with the pulling and replacing the 3 silver circuit breaker fuses. To my dismay it continued to repeat the same problems. After carefully inspecting everything around my drivers seat I had found the main power harness under a black plastic removable cover on the floorboard toward the back side of the drivers seat. There is a connection block containing several small gage wires and 2 larger ones. The 2 larger ones, one being orange and the other black, are located on opposite corners of this block. After a small movement of the orange wire I gained power back to all functions of the seat and heaters. It appeared to be quite loose in the block itself. Power would come and go as I moved it back an forth. After speaking with several people of the GM family, I found that this has been a common problem in several models i.e. yukon, tahoe, h2, and in some full sized pickups with the crew cab design. To remedy this problem, I found using small zip ties to hold the wires tight into the block worked. If that doesn't work, I would suggest cutting the connectors off and replacing them with male/female flat insulated connectors on each individual wire.

I hope this will help some of you as I have been trying to figure this out for almost a year.

Good luck!
Ryan

Old 04-17-2017, 12:24 AM

Thank you. Gonna try the dealer in the morning

Quick Reply: 07 H2 lost all power to drivers seat