PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

07 H2 Header mod benefits or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Default 07 H2 Header mod benefits or not?

Looking for improved engine heat reduction and seen somewhere headers would help? Any recommendations? Would a Cold Air intake system help reduce heat also since it potentially pulls cooler air? I'm familiar with Cold air intakes as i have a Spectre on my 01 Suburban LT 4x4 5.3L.

I would also like some feedback from those that have done the mod and how it turned out if possible..MPG changes etc...

Thanks in advance,

Old 11-22-2015, 12:47 PM

It already has a cold air intake.
As for modding it, some have. They can speak for HP gains.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:22 PM

I guess it could be considered cold air since it pulls from the side of the fender, so maybe a better reusable filter like K&N would be an upgrade.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by PolarBear
Looking for improved engine heat reduction and seen somewhere headers would help? Any recommendations? Would a Cold Air intake system help reduce heat also since it potentially pulls cooler air? I'm familiar with Cold air intakes as i have a Spectre on my 01 Suburban LT 4x4 5.3L.

I would also like some feedback from those that have done the mod and how it turned out if possible..MPG changes etc...

Thanks in advance,
I'm flying to US next week and pretty certain i shall be leaving with dynatech headers, and cats, so i'll let you know. Re air intake, i swapped the factory seagull for an airdoc, and an aFE filter (kept stock box), more than pleased with it. Seat of the pants wise it picks up a bit better, makes a nicer intake growl, and I think it helps it breathe a little better. I kept stock box, so taking cold air in from the wing...

Old 11-23-2015, 09:43 PM

Thx for the info so far.
Looking at the Airaid jr vs the Full Airaid dam system. Not a fan of the factory lid removal, as mine hangs up on the lip behind and under the corner bracket around the washer fluid. But at least I'd be pulling it off less to change the filter with the Airaid system. So hard to decide....

Old 11-24-2015, 10:41 PM

Volant box and AirDoc tube:

Name:  20141109_123352.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  119.2 KB

Name:  20141109_123413.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  79.3 KB

I run the Volant filter with a Volant pre-filter to catch all the big junk and keep it out of the pleats of the oiled filter. Air tube is always squeaky clean!

Old 11-25-2015, 05:11 AM

I run the Volant filter with a Volant pre-filter to catch all the big junk and keep it out of the pleats of the oiled filter. Air tube is always squeaky clean![/QUOTE]

Looks good too. Any noticeable mpg increase?

Old 11-25-2015, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by PolarBear
I run the Volant filter with a Volant pre-filter to catch all the big junk and keep it out of the pleats of the oiled filter. Air tube is always squeaky clean!

Looks good too. Any noticeable mpg increase?[/QUOTE]

I saw a small increase, generally picks up nicer, and a bit more instant response. The noise is cool though

Old 11-25-2015, 05:27 AM

I improved a full 1 mpg on my Suburban running a Spectre Cold Air system. I'm hoping to do the same with this beast.

Side note;
I'll probably switch to Amzoil again which gave me an additional 1.5 - 2mpg gain on the same Suburban. I've been using Amzoil for 15 years now, and that was just the engine oil. I plan on changing all fluids to Amzoil in this H2.