PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 h2 tailgate issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Default 06 h2 tailgate issue

new owner here,
i recently just discovered that even though i hit the lock button on my key fob to lock all doors, that i can still open my tailgate. has anyone had this problem or is it just me? what can i do to fix this

Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 PM

I can only think you may be talking about the rear hatch on an SUV vs. an actual tailgate from an SUT?
I don't think I've ever really checked my hatch after closing to make sure it's locked, guess I need to start.
By the way, if by some weird chance it is actually an SUT, pretty confident the tailgates do not lock.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Question

No its an suv. This is my first. I'm so used to driving pick ups so I say tailgate lol. So now Ill start saying rear hatch. This is alarming to me as I live in a semi bad area and I don't need people checking my hatch and finding out its not locked and robbing me.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM

Sounds like the mechanism in the door is out, or not getting power. I'd check fuses first, it may be something really goofy.
Then you might have to take the door apart.
Oh, I don't know that hatch is the correct term for it either, just sounded good to me.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM

Would the fuse be the big silver one? I'm such a noob when it comes to reading schematics and diys. If so I dont recall seeing fuses that size in auto zone or changes advanced auto parts

Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 AM

There's a fuse center under the hood on the drivers side. It has a black cover that lifts off of it, you can remove that cover and have a look around with a flashlight on the fuses to see if you spot any that are popped.
You should be able to use the owners manual as well to determine a fuse location to simplify the search for the right one.
Name:  P1010005.jpg
Views: 8979
Size:  138.2 KB
Name:  P1010003-1.jpg
Views: 2626
Size:  123.6 KB

Old 06-23-2012, 01:43 AM

My liftgate also stopped working.

First I could not unlock it with the Keyfob. I realized that there is no way to manually open it, because it has no interior pull. All other doors lock and unlock fine.

Then somehow after locking and unlocking with keyfob and driver door swith a few times, and checking the fuse (side of dash fuse box, but fuse was good), the hatch magically unlocked.

Now it is still inoperative, and will not lock with keyfob or driver door switch.

SO, did the OP (Original Poster of this thread) ever resolve the issue? What was the verdict?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:31 AM

hey there
sorry to say that i still have not figured out the issue with my tail gate not locking. i been so busy and havent gotten around to taking a look. did you try looking at the fuses under the hood instead of beside the door? i was told that thats where the fuse would be. lemme know if you have any luck

Old 12-01-2014, 10:24 PM

So I see this forum was posted 2012 it's almost 2015 now and I'm having the same problem. The rear hatch will not lock for nothing. Has anyone figured out what's wrong? And my script for the fuse box it's all messed up could some post a pick of the exact fuse for the rear hatch? Pleasee and thank you!

Old 12-01-2014, 11:37 PM

Mine turned out to be the liftgate actuator, part #15926027

Quick Reply: 06 h2 tailgate issue