PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

03 h-2 sluggish and dies

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Default 03 h-2 sluggish and dies

Hello.
I have a 03 H-2 and resently it has startted to loose power and stall. I put a OBD2 reader on the vehicle and it came up with a to lean on bank 2 and now it has a EV warning (evaporative system (EVAP) monitor). Any ideas on how to sort this out. I tried to get my vehicle into the local shop but there booked solid for at least another week.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:21 AM

what were the actual DTC codes? would be like P0449

Evaporative System (EVAP) Monitor - OBD II vehicles are equipped with a fuel Evaporative system (EVAP) which helps prevent fuel vapors from evaporating into the atmosphere. The EVAP system carries fumes from the fuel tank to the engine where they are burned during engine combustion. The EVAP system may consist of a charcoal canister, fuel tank cap, purge solenoid, vent solenoid, flow monitor, leak detector and connecting tubes, lines and hoses.

Fumes are carried from the fuel tank to the charcoal canister via hoses or tubes and are stored in the charcoal canister. The PCM controls the flow of fuel vapors from the charcoal canister to the engine via a purge solenoid. The PCM energizes or de-energizes (depending on solenoid design) the purge solenoid, which opens a valve to allow engine vacuum to draw the fuel vapors from the canister into the engine where the vapors are burned. The EVAP Monitor checks for proper fuel vapor flow to the engine and pressurizes the system to test for leaks. The PCM runs this Monitor once per trip.

The EVAP Monitor is a “Two Trip” Monitor. If a fault is detected on the first trip, the PCM will temporarily save this fault in its memory as a Pending Code (the MIL will be off at this time). If the fault is detected again on the second consecutive trip, the PCM will command the MIL “On” and the code will be saved in it’s long term memory.