PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Question!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Default Warranty Question!!

Hey Guy's I have a good question. I was trail riding today and my axle broke. Drivers side and it is really lose were it goes into the front dif. The boot is twisted were it tryed to turn. In normal All wheel drive it makes a slipping sound but it will drive in 4H Locked and 4L Locked. with no sounds or problems. I have all ready had it towed to the dealer and need to know if it will be covered under our warranty? I am hoping so.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Default RE: Warranty Question!!

I think you will be okay. There are some known issues with the front differential and I've never heard of Hummer not standing by their warranty on breakage, even on the trail.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:14 PM

I have already blew a front diff last year. with no problems from the dealer and ever since then I have thought it drove kinda weird makeing a humming sound I just thought it was the tires. But then Blame it goes out again. O Well that's why I have On Star.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 AM

Let us know what the verdict is!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Let us know what the verdict is!!!
X2!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 AM

The dealer can make the arguement that the H3 was abused. Beingyour second drivetrain failure may raise an eyebrow.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trail riding, like driving down some two track dirt roads, should not break your axel??? Emphasis should be placed on it never really sounding right after they fixed it the first time. Good luck.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Talked to the dealership today and they said it was a Driver Side Half Shaft and they will cover it. They did question me on what I was doing at the time I noticed it and I told him That I was doing a little off roading. I asked the service man if the H3 has a bad problem with this and he told me this is the worst case he has seen. 6 Month's ago Pass. Side Half Shaft came out and stripped the gears in my Front Diff. and Sunday Driver side Half Shaft came out and he believes no damage to Front Diff. The Funny thing is the H3 is Done and he told me I can pick it up Wed. I asked why and he said that they are changing my Radio ***** since the black paint is peeling off so I got some ***** changed also.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you made out alright....

Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 PM

Thats good that its covered under warranty and Hummer usually stands by their warranty and rarely make you pay for the drivetrain

Quick Reply: Warranty Question!!