PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear Caliper Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Default Rear Caliper Rebuild

Does anyone know the site were they rebuild your old caliper. My H1 is in the shop, and both rear calipers arnt working. And I need to konw ASAP where to send the calipers for the cheapest porice. Thanks Or if anyone has two rear calipers they want to sell....ill buy them. And a turn signal swith....the part that cancels your turn signal after a turn....thanks for the help!

Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Default RE: Rear Caliper Rebuild

I think it's .... www.google.com :-)

On a more serious note, check ebay for the parts, search on H1 hummer brake caliper for example. I got some hits on that but I'm not quite sure exactly what you're looking for.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:33 PM

I tried google before hand.....and nope, just rebuilding kits. I know there is somewhere that rebuilds them. And I already went on ebay, and they only have a left one. But thanks anyways......I always search before I ask.....

Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Grab your phone book and start calling brake places. Odds are, there is a local company where you live that will do that type of work. Just about anybody who specializes in hydraulics will know who does cylinder rebuilding, if they don't do it themselves. In my area, I can think of several places just off the top of my head who would do that type of work. Or, if you are mechanically inclined to take them out of your vehicle, odds are, you are mechanically inclined enough to rebuild them. All that is needed is the rebuild kit, a hone, a drill (preferably a drill press with vise), and a steel brush and brake clean to remove crud. Micrometers are also good to have to ensure the bore is round and not too big after you hone it out.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:49 AM

You can get remanufactured calipers from any Hummer dealership, you will need your original caliper as a core.
I will warn you, there are a lot of those rebuilts that leak shortly after installation, though -- you might want to get brand new ones instead. If the rebuilt ones leak and they are purchased from a Hummer dealer, they will replace them under parts warranty (12 months) but you will have to pull them out and reinstall yet again, which is a PITA.

They aren't cheap, unfortunately... there are fronts available cheap at other places, but the rears are a "dealer only" part.
You can get a rebuild kit and rebuild them yourself, but that is time consuming.

I am not aware of one particular place that "rebuilds them" but as others have mentioned, I am sure you can find any shop that rebuilds calipers to do it for you.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 AM

thanks for the help everyone. luckly I found a guy online thats willing to let both L and R calipers go for a good price, and theyre new. But thanks again!