PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Drain filter light blinking

Old 06-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Default Drain filter light blinking

Hi
After the vehicle "baptism"(my H1, with the previous owner was in mint conditions but in coma too), drain filter light blinks. Engine runs perfectly. Anyway I drained the filter following the owner manual instructions, but still blinks the same way. As I'm new in this vehicle, got some advices or comments about that or where do I have to start looking for.

Thanks for your comments

95 H1 Sand

Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Default RE: Drain filter light blinking

Look in your manual under resetting the computer. It might have to be reset after a caution light.

Also, drain it again and be sure that you do not stop until it is pure blue, red, or whatever color you guys use for diesel. We have on and off road, and we use both types in my business. The offroad machinery is dyed red, our trucks burn blue dyed.

The dye is to prove you are burning the correct grade fuel and that Uncle Sam has gotten to tax the over the road fuel. Off road is exempt from road taxes.

None of this has anything to do with your issue, but drain it good then drain it some more. I imagine based of the mileage and engine hours, I will be willing to bet it is the original and if so, please change it. It is not that bad if you take your time and just be sure it seats and the cap threads right back on with your HAND.

Finally, you can always unplug the neg. battery cable for about 30 seconds then hook it back up. That will reset the computer and sensor.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 PM

thanks
I'll do what you indicate me and see the result and let you know the results.
In here we use something like whisky color diesel for everything with same price for boats, on and off road. Must be the original color I think.
ok, thanks for your advice and we'll see what happens

Antonio H1 95

Old 06-24-2008, 11:23 AM

Solved problem

I managed as you said, draining two times, instead of one. The blnking dissapeared, so I think it is done. ANyway I ordered a new filter in order to change it. Always it is going to be better for the engine.

Thanks A lot

Antonio