PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Default Best upgrade

I would like to know what everyone thinks the best upgrade to their hummer is and why. We can probably all agree that headlights are a given so lets not count that as the best. The old halogen lights are not very good and the newer LED or HID (legal) headlights are a needed upgrade, but then what? Personally, I think all hummers should've come stock with both locking differential e-lockers. If yall just bought a bone stock truck what would be first on the to do list and why? Also, (just as interesting and important) whats the worst mod or product and why?? Some trucks best ugrade is a belt feed 50 cal.and others are just the stickers ( i have seen some good decals- i think my favorates are the diesel bucket decals that say " fueled by happy tears" or "fueled by recycle dinosaurs" )(i heard the redcross tactical recovery vehicle magnets can get you out of a pinch).

Whats yall's best upgrade???

Old 10-27-2016, 11:54 PM

Hands down if you do any off-roading, lockers are the way to go. I call them Cheaters, you just flip the switch and drive over anything rather than do the brake/gas boogie. If you like to BTM, great, do it the hard way. If you want to save your engine and transmission, go with lockers...

Old 10-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

For the older trucks the best upgrade is the 97.5+ AC conversion. If you wheel likely the HummerDan skid guards.
BTMing accelerates brake pad wear some but the RPMs on the engine are well below any level that would cause engine wear and I am on the original transmission in every H1 I have owned. I put lockers in the H1 my wife drives.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:35 PM

Yes, the Everhart/Dan guards. That was the first thing I picked up for my truck and it paid for itself pretty quickly. [I'd imagine my doors would have been beat up long ago

Factory E-lockers was probably the 2nd big upgrade I did after that, but I heard those are discontinued now.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:29 PM

The Auburn E-lockers are a great diff locker. If you have to ever install a diff i would go with a locking one. The HummerDan rocker panel protection are great the rubber duck rock tubes are also very heavy duty. I heard the Mad Copia Masters of Copying Products, High Prices and Recreactional Same Sex Adventures Folks have the hummerdan skids on the xerox machine. Soon you will be able to get a set of "light weight" (flimsy thin xeroxed) skids for a way high Farked up cost.

Last edited by Ian Ward; 11-01-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I have the Auburn lockers on one of my H1s. Very happy with them. They make it easy for my wife to drive it offroad.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:43 PM

My best upgrade is something that most people take for granted. Hood Bumpers from Rubberduck. My truck is a completely original, one owner, low mileage truck(30000). When I first bought it, it sounded like something was getting ready to break loose but I could not find the culprit. A little research led me to these bumpers.Cheapest and best fix so far. Second best was relocating my PMD. I did not have any issues but I now have peace of mind.....for now