PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

parking lights staying on?

Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Default parking lights staying on?

2007 H3- tonight the parking lights are staying on- any ideas?

Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

pull some relays. any changes?
swap relay.
problem move?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:02 AM

I pulled the parking light relay, no change. I talked to a mechanic friend- he suggested I look at the trailer light plug- suggested the Trailer B+ was shorting to the parking ( running ) lights. The wiring is factory from what I can tell, and the plug looks brand new. I pulled the Trailer B + fuse and the lights went out.

I have not dug into the wiring, but am curious where the short is. We never use this vehicle to tow, so am not concerned about losing the B+ hook up.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by goaliedad
I pulled the parking light relay, no change. I talked to a mechanic friend- he suggested I look at the trailer light plug- suggested the Trailer B+ was shorting to the parking ( running ) lights. The wiring is factory from what I can tell, and the plug looks brand new. I pulled the Trailer B + fuse and the lights went out.

I have not dug into the wiring, but am curious where the short is. We never use this vehicle to tow, so am not concerned about losing the B+ hook up.

Open up the tailgate and you can see the trailer wiring as it goes from the bumper to the body. They are known to rub against the body thus causing problems. There are a couple of threads on this. On all 3 of the H3's I've owned, one of the first things I did was put some wire loom over the wires as a preventative measure.