Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Other > Hummer Forums Help & Suggestion Center
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2011, 10:20 PM

Question h2 just died

was driving down the freeway about 65 when my hummer just died. I have power but it wont crank. I noticed a car lock icon on the dash. any ideas?
Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:43 AM
2008 Hummer H3
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenderson View Post
was driving down the freeway about 65 when my hummer just died. I have power but it wont crank. I noticed a car lock icon on the dash. any ideas?
Thanks.
Sounds like the security system shut the engine off. Pretty sure the H2 doesn't have a chip in the key, because the H3's don't either. My friend buys, repairs, and sells salvage vehicles, and he was using a hardware store key.

Usually, at least on my H3 when the ignition gets locked, it starts back up after about ten minutes, and like your issues, won't crank. Did you eventually get it started again?

No idea what would have caused it while going down the freeway. Hell of a time for your security module to go bad if that's what it is.

http://paranoidconspiracylinknumber500.com/strap-on-your-tinfoil-hat?666
Old 05-08-2011, 02:30 PM

going to pull it to the dealer tomorrow. I checked everything I could think of, but no luck. Something is keeping power from the starter and engine for sure, but have power to everything else. I'm just glad I wasn't in the middle of no where like I was the week before. Thanks for your input.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 AM
2008 Hummer H3
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenderson View Post
going to pull it to the dealer tomorrow. I checked everything I could think of, but no luck. Something is keeping power from the starter and engine for sure, but have power to everything else. I'm just glad I wasn't in the middle of no where like I was the week before. Thanks for your input.
Yeah, I've heard of this happening with the H3 a bit. I think most times it was either the security module or the body control module going bad and triggering the lockout.

http://paranoidconspiracylinknumber500.com/strap-on-your-tinfoil-hat?666
Old 05-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

You might try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes and see if it resets.
1992 H1 HMC4
2005 H2 SUT
2008 H3 Alpha
Old 05-13-2011, 10:19 PM

fuel pump was shorting out and blowing a main fuse. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Tags
car, dash, died, dies, engine, h2, h3, hummer, icon, lock, lockunlock, module, security, small, symbol