PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Production Date Info:

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Production Date Info:

Brian, I have been hearing that the HX is on hold the last few days. You heard anything like that? What is your best guess for the Hx hitting the market?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:46 PM

I think everybody is jumping on the ban wagon, you would think GM would announce the release date if it was any time soon.

http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_HX_A...ries_s/189.htm

Old 04-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Whenever it is isn't soon enough.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 AM

The absolute earliest would be 2010 as a 2011 model -- some projections I've heard are further out than that.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Hope not but thanks for the info.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:19 PM

26 June 2009, don't ask me how I know, I just know

One hint, Transformers 2, the Hx/Camaro is going to be the big feature in the movie, similar to what Matrix did with Cadillac Escallade and CTS (GM is very well known for releasing cars on movie dates).

Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

GM announced they were putting the HX on hold months ago.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 PM

Hello everyone, new to the forums here. Registered due to the HX.

I have always admired Hummers from a far, but never felt the overwhelming sensation or need to put myself in one ... until now.

Never knew or heard anything about the HX untill yesterday (thanks to yahoo homepage).
Literally ONE look and i was blown away. Was rather upset to find out that it is only in concept stage because after seeing this beast,
i was(am) completely ready to give up my FJ to get one of these.

Im not knocking my FJ, i gotta admit i Love it (my favorite vehicle i have ever owned actually), but i will let it go to get one of these HXs without hesitation.

If the production model stays very true to form of the concept, then this WILL be my first Hummer!

I am a very patient person normally, but i feel like anxious teenager after seeing the pics of this pearler of a machine! I am ready to get one now!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Lots of us would write the check now for the HX. The concept is awesome. Unfortunately Detroit is real bad about floating a concept for market reaction and then building something significantly different. never understood that.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Unfortunately Detroit is real bad about floating a concept for market reaction and then building something significantly different. never understood that.
Wow, that is horrible! I don't understand that either. I can honestly say that if this get changed very much, i will probably just stick with my FJ. (unless the changes made it even more badass, but i bet most changes on concepts ususally go the other direction and end uptoning it down, ey?)

The only changes that i would like to see done to it are...
1.- Make it to where a special tool is infact needed to remove the "modular" flares over the wheels, rather than being a "no tool needed" feature which makes yourHX extremely vulnerable to theft or vandalism.

2.- I personally do not like the flooring inside the cabin at all. That spotted speckled look reminds me of the carpet you would see in a game arcade or chucky cheese, lol. Just my opinion.

These points being said, i gotta admit that neither of these issues would prevent me from purchasing this vehicle as is, right now.

Quick Reply: Production Date Info: