PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H4 is not going to be put into production

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Default Hummer H4 is not going to be put into production

A co-worker of mine, her husband headed who up the h3 distribution for the US stopped by our shop today and i asked him about the h4 truck coming out and he told me that the h4 was delayed until 2011 and 2 weeks ago they canceled the truck hitting the market.....im kinda sad

Old 12-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hummer H4 is not going to be put into production

Old news actually. [&o] Everything Hummer has been put into status quo since October 1, 2008.

With Chrysler now shutting ALL of its plants down for January, GM taking 30% off line for the entire first quarter, and Ford extending the Holiday shut down an additional two weeks (because they want to delay announcing what they really have to do), new models not tooled up from all three are off the table. Let the pain begin.

Special thanks to all you foreign car buyers. [sm=bangbang.gif] How you liking your property values?

Be american, buy american!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

I agree. Buy American and us get out of this mess. Keep the dollars within our borders.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:27 PM

he told me they were going to push forward with the platform up until about 2 weeks ago.....i work less then a half mile from the gm tech center and they have been driving the h4 around here in warren....there is a company call DTL Detroit Testing Labs that does some crazy **** with all kinds of vehicles and they have one sitting in there fenced off parking lot, i will try to get a pic of it b4 i leave work today

Old 12-29-2008, 05:00 PM

Harriman, any luck with getting a picture? I want to see this!

Does this DTL company do any work for Bentley? Apparently there is a former Porsche Cayenne turned into a Bentley SUV roaming around the United States somewhere...

Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 AM

Thanks for posting this info about what to expect in 2011.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:52 PM

Does no one else here really think the H4 is a bad idea and a pathetic attempt to get more sales? its just gonna be a little rangler with a hummergrill on it. its gonna ruin the hummer name. thats my opinion. but i dont see how everyone is getting so excited. anything smaller than the H3 is not a hummer..

Old 09-12-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by panamera
Does no one else here really think the H4 is a bad idea and a pathetic attempt to get more sales? its just gonna be a little rangler with a hummergrill on it. its gonna ruin the hummer name. thats my opinion. but i dont see how everyone is getting so excited. anything smaller than the H3 is not a hummer..
I think there are two reasons that the H4 MAY be a good idea. 1.)It's small, which will be perceived as fuel efficient. That's what the market wants. The market for mammoth vehicles marketed to the masses is over. 2.) It's "gonna be a little [W]rangler". That's not a bad thing. The Wrangler has a long history with quite a following. Having some commonality with the Wrangler is not necessarily a liability.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 AM

As long as their delaying it, might as well throw in a diesel engine.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 08H3
I think there are two reasons that the H4 MAY be a good idea. 1.)It's small, which will be perceived as fuel efficient. That's what the market wants. The market for mammoth vehicles marketed to the masses is over. 2.) It's "gonna be a little [W]rangler". That's not a bad thing. The Wrangler has a long history with quite a following. Having some commonality with the Wrangler is not necessarily a liability.
Smaller and fuel efficient is good and what the market wants, little wrangler.....wrangler has been a successful vehicle although there was some news a while ago that its gonna be culled from the lineup by chrysler.

but neither of those two things is a hummer. a hummer is not small and fuel efficient. thats the whole point.

thats how porsche has failed right now. four door wagon panamera? what the hell. porsche is (was) a sports car maker. not its just another luxury german brand with BMW and audi..... porsche's old days with just the 911 and boxster is what hummer is now. and i think the H4 is gonna be the cayenne / panamera of the family. which will make the brand "just another brand".

Quick Reply: Hummer H4 is not going to be put into production