PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

is hummer alive or dead

Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Banned

i hear the gm ceo is pushing for a dollar hike in gas tax so people will be forced to buy their higher mpg cars,,,insanity,,he is more nuts than,,u know who!!

yeah i think the badges gotta go

Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
i hear the gm ceo is pushing for a dollar hike in gas tax so people will be forced to buy their higher mpg cars,,,insanity,,he is more nuts than,,u know who!!

yeah i think the badges gotta go
Nuttier than squirrel turds?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 AM

I know a guy that bought a couple of the limited edition 2002 Camaros... because GM said no more and they are incredible performance machines... the same guy bought a H3T Hummer because GM said no more and it is the best looking pick-up ever... well, GM is now building the Camaro again because of the Mustang and Challenger, so will the Hummer brand be back some day because of Jeep ? I'm guessing not anytime soon.. it took eight years for the revival of Camaro... but never say never.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by DallaSStx
well, GM is now building the Camaro again because of the Mustang and Challenger, so will the Hummer brand be back some day because of Jeep ? I'm guessing not anytime soon.. it took eight years for the revival of Camaro... but never say never.
My take on the business side of it.. Mustang was taken back because it was a revolutionary icon for Ford which sold really well.. with the challenger and camaro, it had an ample market in the sports car area.. With the Hummer brand, capabilities was top notch o questions about it. The only factor of its demise was at GM's fault for not able to defend its image towards the mpg issues. GM created a controversial binary world of Hummer fans & haters... and that meant SUCCESS.... and GM knows it.

Yes, i do believe this shows some hope and the scale tips off to its chances of coming back in the market now that electric/hybrid engines are turning gas guzzler engines a thing of the past.. Just hopefully sooner than later before they make our Hummers a nostalgic collectible relic...

Last edited by williamramez; 08-24-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:49 AM

Change the administration and you will see the return of Hummer.

Electric cars are not selling, Costco is now yanking all their electric charge stations, which they were the first to adapt to this, because no one is using them.

Electric is on the rise, thanks to smart meters, doubling and tripling our costs. We have over a billion barrels sitting in the gulf, more elsewhere in our great land, so gas will be the major energy for our vehicles into our grandchildren's lifetimes.

Jeep, yes. Mercedes G wagon gets freaking 11 mpg and they are selling. Fiat's, Nissan Leaf's, Chevy Volts, not enough steel to protect.

End of the day, SUVs are more profitable for the companies and what we all want.

We simply need to get the idiot that is in the white house unemployed asap.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by H32006

Electric cars are not selling, Costco is now yanking all their electric charge stations, which they were the first to adapt to this, because no one is using them.

Electric is on the rise, thanks to smart meters, doubling and tripling our costs. We have over a billion barrels sitting in the gulf, more elsewhere in our great land, so gas will be the major energy for our vehicles into our grandchildren's lifetimes.

Jeep, yes. Mercedes G wagon gets freaking 11 mpg and they are selling. Fiat's, Nissan Leaf's, Chevy Volts, not enough steel to protect.

End of the day, SUVs are more profitable for the companies and what we all want.

I agree fully with your points. Have been talking to my son (who is approaching driving age) that GM relaunching Hummer after the change in the administration could happen. The Hummer brand is iconic and as long is it doesn't get watered down (see the Buick Grand Sport) then it will sell.

I have been a bit surprised that AmGeneral did not buy back the rights to the name and sell the H2 through independent dealers. With the massive investment made to build the new H2 plant back in '01, it is hard to see it sit idle when there is a market (maybe small) who will still buy the H2.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKH3T
Nuttier than squirrel turds?
Hope you don't mind but I wanna steal your saying. That is freaking hilarious!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by H32006

I don't mean to deviate from the original topic but earlier this year I heard oil men found large amounts of oil in N Dakota and I was told by my brother (who works at a refinery for Conoco) says N Dakota is suppose to out produce Texas in oil by the end of this summer. Also in the Rockies they are drilling and capping wells all through Montana. From what I've heard it's possible Montana might out produce Texas and N Dakota when they decide to open the wells.

I see gas getting cheap. The oil companies I think are waiting for the right moment to show their hand. They hate echo BS cars. I bet they flood the market with oil to lower gas REALLY cheap to get rid of all the 30+ mpg cars. Once they are gone the prices come up cause everyone will have 3/4 and 1 tons. I grew up in the cab of a truck in the oil field. I may be wrong but I wouldn't give up hope about Hummer making a comeback. never know you might spend $50-$60 to fill your Hummers

Old 08-28-2011, 07:08 PM

I hope your all right because I don't know what I'll get after my hummer. I don't see myself in anything else. I love this vehicle.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:58 PM

I would love to see HUMMER come back. Gas isn't going to get any cheaper and I don't want to see HUMMER crash and burn again. I just hope the people at JEEP are laughing there asses off at GM. We there only competion. The other thing I don't get if Gm had to get rid of a brand why not GMC. It's the same damn thing as Chevy. I went looking a GM truck the other day. They all got the same Mpg's or less than HUMMERs....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: is hummer alive or dead