PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is hummer alive or dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Default Hummer h2 transmission flush do you do this service or don't you?

I haven't done this service on none of my vehicles and my transmissions have shifted fine. I'm a little nervous to have this service done because i have heard stories of transmissions leaking and major problems. Have you had the any problems after this service?????

Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nshowtime42
I also agree that GM will bring back the Hummer brand. If you look at what GM has done with the Camaro, Impala ect. They once took those cars away and now there back on the roads again.
Honestly, I couldn't care less if they bring back the Hummer brand, but I would like to see a new H3/H3t line. Call it a GMC H3/H3t or anything else. Take whatever they were planning for the next version and sell it under an existing GM brand - even give it a new name, I don't care.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Hummer did a poor job in controlling the conversation. The Obamabots droned on about this brand for years, all the while doing so from their 14mpg Range Rovers and Mercedes.

The Hummer brand was about off road. Strength. To release an H3 under the GMC brand, would mean utility. An H3 is not a utility truck.

Once Obama is out of office and GM is no longer run out of the White House, Hummer will return.

As for the Camaro/ Firebird disappearing, that was due to lack of interest in muscle cars with Gen X/ Gen Y moving to ricers. The retro design of the Mustang showed GM that there was a market for muscle cars albeit to an older demo (older Gen X/ Boomers).

With Jeep being so aggressive as of late, it is a matter of time before Hummer returns.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM

I'd like to see it come back...but I just don't think it's going to happen...

Granted we're seeing the rebirth of many old namesakes; Camaro, Impala, Challenger...but when's the last time one of the big-three resurrected an entire 'division?'

Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Geo, Eagle...all still gone. Sadly enough Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn and Mercury will join them.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by H32006
The Hummer brand was about off road. Strength. To release an H3 under the GMC brand, would mean utility. An H3 is not a utility truck.
I don't entirely agree. The H1 - all about offroad. H2 - No matter how you advertise it or what Hummer/GM say, the vast majority of buyers saw it as Luxury and status. The H3 - offroad oriented Sport Utility Vehicle. Not enough utility? H3t.

The brand message may have been all about off road, but the vehicles and those that purchase them don't necessarily see it that way. Leather, sunroof, navigation, rear entertainment system... A GMC branded H3-like vehicle with the same or better off road capability would be just fine with me. With fewer GM brands, no reason GMC can't branch out a bit and widen their target audience.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM

...maybe the Hx as a GMC; simply badged as the Hummer.

GMC seems to want to push the envelope a little; Google "GMC 2500 HD concept"

Old 04-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by guruerror
...maybe the Hx as a GMC; simply badged as the Hummer.

GMC seems to want to push the envelope a little; Google "GMC 2500 HD concept"
Wow - kinda cool, I hadn't heard about that. I guess they are looking for something to stack up against the Raptor and Power Wagon.

I guess in the spirit of this thread I should say, it would be nice to see a GMC H3/H3t in the future, but I doubt it will happen.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM

Not trying to hijack, but I think the GMC concept beats the Raptor. The Raptor is F150-based...I was checking one out at the local dealer and the front end components just don't seem that 'rugged.' At least the GMC would be an 8-lug HD...I'd really like to see this concept hit the streets...it would make a nice 'next' truck in the event, heaven forbid, I had to move on.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by H32006
Hummer will return, right after we elect a new President next year.
AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 AM

It would really be great if there could be a "Hummer", aside from American General and far away from the idiots at GM. Once I find the right H3, the first upgrade will be to rip of those POS GM badges.

Quick Reply: is hummer alive or dead