Head and Valve Issue

Old 02-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Default Head and Valve Issue

Hi All, I've owned my H3 for roughly three months. So far it has been at the dealer 4 times total. Three for what the say was just a sensor. My engine light would come on and the dealer told me the had to reprogram the computer. With that being said, Last week the dreaded light came on again. Of course i Thought sensor again. I was wrong. The dealer told me I had a misfire and had a bad cylinder. They would have to replace the head and cylinders. The thing has 6,000 miles on it . To top it off , the dealer says they will need a month to fix it because of a parts issue. If anyone else has had any issues with this motor please let me know.

Thanks

Old 02-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Default RE: Head and Valve Issue

No not yet but give it time GM[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 02-27-2006, 04:27 AM

Are they going to give you a loaner car? I swore I would never buy another GM product (other than my Z06) because of their quality control problems. I hate hearing of H3 problems before I even get it (it should be here this week).By the way, the quality on my Z06 is absolutely great so maybe there is hope.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:08 PM

They did give me a loaner. Since I've been researching this problem I have found several with the same issue. Not to mention my dealer telling me that 3 others had the same problem. I know cars can break, but this isn't a crack in the plastic. This is an engine that has been out for quite some time. Very hard to understand what is going on with it.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:12 PM

I don't want to sour anyone on the h3. I truly love the thing. It's just a hard pill to swallow and hearing about others that have the same condition does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about it's reliability.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:13 PM

DO YOU KNOW IF THEY HAD THIS PROBLEM IN THE Colorado LIKE YOU SAID THIS MOTOR HAS BEEN AROUND BUT THE H3 IS HEAVER

Old 02-27-2006, 01:33 PM

I did some calling around..Called my local dealer (over a 100 in inventory), called to neighboring State's dealers, called the dealer I bought mine from with over 150 in constant inventory...Not one has had a H3 come in with any engine problems since the H3 has hit the streets last spring...So My interpolation of this engine anomaly is that it is rare at best, it should not be one to worry the masses with, or a problem to plaque these H3's with any sort of regularity...

Just my reasoning...Course the guy here with the problem is saying bull ****!

Old 02-27-2006, 01:50 PM

Dennis call my dealer (603) 669-2450
Dobles Hummer Carl is the service guy. He's the one who has told me about the other vehicles.
The rest i found on chat rooms. Why would the dealer exagerate this? I'm not saying that it is a mass issue. Also i just got of the phone with GM. They have extended my warranty to 6 year 100,000 and also gave me a 2year 24,000 mile service plan for oil shanges and tire rotations. With that being said I am satisfied with what GM has done. Puts my woorries aside for the next 100,000 miles.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:11 PM

Wow i'm surprise Gm has done that which is good one way to keep a customer

Old 02-27-2006, 02:22 PM

I'm surprised myself. I really did not have to fight for it either. The only thing I told them was that to make me satisfied they would have to extend the warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Head and Valve Issue