I figured I'd chime in with my own additions.
I did this last evening. I really wouldn't want the pleasure of doing it again, lol.
My first handle also had the thing where the lever was upward and the door handle was not working. I went over and observed the other side after I took the other one off and figured it out. I didn't remember you having this problem in your post, but now I see you did.
To make certain I didn't lose any bolts, I had a small telescopic magnet and I had that underneath the bolt/socket when taking it out. This may help to make certain no one loses a bolt.
Since I had to be kind of rough on the handles on my 1 week old vehicle... I was a little worried about scratching it. I put painters tape on the areas around the door handle just to make certain there were no scratches if I got crazy with one of the handles.
The rear one was tougher, for me, to do because of the spare tire being there. I had fun with it. The side of my hand is a little sore today but at least the job is done!
Thanks for the step-by-step.
Oh, Edit, one last thing. Those access plug covers will come off with your fingers. I didn't want to scratch anything with a screw driver. I'm too picky