PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Whats up with all the idiot Hummer haters?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 10:07 PM

Just one time while fueling someone in a Honda fit said in a ironic way "you are here again"

I laugh and answer. .yep and you better move your Porcupine before I finish and smash you

Well 32gl will take some time to fuel so he left before me

Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 AM

I get some of those supposed to be funny comments like you must own a gas station or how many gallons per mile? I always tell them I get as much per gallon as the heavy *** excursions and tahoes. Must just be a jealousy thing.

But mainly get thumbs up and "cool truck" comments.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Never have seen it. Hummers ain't no big deal in the Motor City, no body pays any attention to mine.

More likely to see a flying brick or finger salute driving rice suckers.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:49 AM

Even though the couple of not funny jokes like mcioci said I got lots of thumbs up
Even couple times some one offered to buy my truck

Last winter while drive in NY (Manhattan) A few Chinese take selfies next to the truck didn't see any other hummer around in 3 days

Most haters are just jealous. . How often you see a 9 year old truck which still is worth it a photo
I never see anyone taking a pic to a new escalade or a2016 Tahoe

Old 11-14-2015, 09:54 AM

Both my neighbors think it's great that there's both an H2 & H3 parked in front of the house. I actually had a guy drive by the house, see me & the H3, back up, park & ask me about it as his wife wanted one. He had said everyone he knew told him they were crap, but not a single one had even ridden in a Hummer, lol.

If I ever pull into the gas station & there's another Hummer, I usually end up having a long conversation before driving away.

The last time I saw an H1 was about 2 weeks ago & when we both saw each other on the road, we didn't have to say anything. We both had the biggest sh*t eating grins you can imagine. I usually get the same response from local H2 owners. If not that, at least a honk & a wave.

If my memory serves, I think I've had one person noticeably sneer at me in the past year. That's a far cry from the response I used to get back in 2003 to 2004 where you're either treated like a rock star or people vehemently hate your vehicle & you.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Default pffft...

Originally Posted by Husky
We recently bought our first hummer here in Colorado and so far have been cut off, flipped off, told to get our gas guzzling piece of schit off the highway and told to park our piece of crap somewhere else that it takes up too much room and this is in the first week of our ownership.

Not sure if these jackassess are mainly here in colorado or if any of you have encountered anywhere else, I just dont get it that people can be so stupid and hate you simply cause of your choice of transportation.
I'm in the Springs and id say 7 to 8 out of 10 "Flying Bricks" are owned by vets (I always look see at the plate and any identifiers" so.... AMERICA F*(% yeah and kiss it.
I'm sure for some driving a Prius is a turn on but I'm not one of them, And either are you. Stay strong and drive with swagger. Not aggressive, just with the knowledge you belong... BC you do.
Here's a tip, that War horse you drive can grab concrete to a full stop in from of the Prius in a second. Just saying 😉

Old 12-16-2015, 07:26 PM

There are a lot of hippies up in the hills of CO.( obviously). Peoples reactions vary from place to place and depending on your truck. Competition yellow really seems to bring out the haters. Try installing a turret with a 50 cal. That should help.

One day my brother Eric & i were driving past a bus stop down in the springs. Some hippie fliped eric the finger. He backed up immediately and asked the guy whats up? The hippie said " your burning my fossil fuels man". Eric said to the hippie waiting for the diesel bus- "first off these are my fossil fuels -I paid for them & get a bike you effen hippie"

Check out Big Dog Off Road in golden CO for all your local hummer needs/wants& cant live withouts
Bigdogoffroad.com

Old 01-06-2016, 09:48 AM

I get grief in my H3 at the gas stations. I love it when somebody in a pickup ask me how many MPGs I get? I cut them off and say 1st off what do you get? 13-14 you say? I get 17mpgs and sometimes 18 with a tailwind. I have a friend that has an H2 and he gets 14. I think that's pretty darn good.

None of the econohippies seem to complain if it's a Hummer when you pull them back on the road when they have slid off due to weather.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:39 AM

Now my simple answer to " how many miles you get "

@ 1.79 x gl who cares anymore

Old 01-24-2016, 09:11 PM

I have gotten dirty looks and people are rude driving, cutting off and such. But they are rude and stupid anyway. They usually are driving little POSs. Need a bumper sticker, "That's cute! Did your wife pick it out for you?"

I always get the mpg thing especially at work. So I just say I make too much money to worry about that. That will usually **** your co-workers off to the max - try it. No one really knows what everyone else makes at work.

Told another at work that if she was concerned about her safety (drives a mini) then she should get something bigger. AND that my 15 yr old son was getting a H2 to keep him safe too (not really but is getting a cheap full size truck). We are actually cool with each other now.

I guarantee you when they start in on me for the sole purpose of pissing me off, I leave laughing and they are pissed because I am laughing.

Quick Reply: Whats up with all the idiot Hummer haters?