PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats up with all the idiot Hummer haters?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Default Whats up with all the idiot Hummer haters?

We recently bought our first hummer here in Colorado and so far have been cut off, flipped off, told to get our gas guzzling piece of schit off the highway and told to park our piece of crap somewhere else that it takes up too much room and this is in the first week of our ownership.

Not sure if these jackassess are mainly here in colorado or if any of you have encountered anywhere else, I just dont get it that people can be so stupid and hate you simply cause of your choice of transportation.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:44 PM

I haven't personally had insults by anyone. However, many co-workers and others I know have made some digs trying to be funny. Most of the comments are so incorrect about HUMMER that it just shows the pure ignorance of most.

One co-worker of mine loves to ask me, "hows that Chinese tank?"

Old 11-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Cool

This is America so F&#% them if they don't like it.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 AM

You're in Colorado. I suspect you'd get similar hate in other areas densely populated with liberals (not that all parts of Colorado are liberal). Once uber-libs hit critical mass in an area they no longer need logical thinking, the self supportive cycle of positive reinforcement is in place and the hive mind takes over. I believe this can be scientifically correlated with per capital Starbucks and vegan restaurants.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by choochmalooch
This is America so F&#% them if they don't like it.

I couldnt agree more, they dont seem to get offended when someone is burning the American Flag on the front steps of your capital but drive a hummer and you just broke all their rules...............lol

Anyway, we're having fun with it and sure wont let a few knuckle draggers ruin it for us.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:26 PM

ive been flipped off once and had a letter written directed toward me because i owned a hummer that was basically hate-mail.

other than that, i get a lot of thumbs up and cool ride comments as mine is lifted and large LOL central wi has a lot of rednecks which i fit into the category of.

it is amazing... people dont have a clue about hummers. oh well, i will run them over if they talk too stupid, have wanted to crush a car since i bought it. haha

there are even website devoted to hating hummers... what a bunch of dingalings.

steve

Old 11-09-2015, 02:41 PM

I've only had compliments about my tank. The only situation where I had someone telling me crap was a 60 year old driving a Jeep Patriot because I didn't let him cut in the line throwing my H3 into him: "solo por que traes Hummer ya te crees el chingon o que?" (just because you drive a Hummer you feel you're badass?) I was like bruuh step out your ***** little squared Caliber and let's see... lol

but other than that I do receive good comments from people of all ages, specially from my women friends that really love my Panda! I also drive a MB CLA250 and it doesn't attract as much attention as my Hum. In México we have the Narco related image of the Hummer so having one definitively makes you road invincible, you get lots of respect.

It's a shame that people doesn't understand the Hummer brand. I bought mine because I feel it's a special vehicle that will be considered a classic anytime soon, like the Toyota LandCruiser FJ40, Land Rover series or Mercedes 280GE are today that when they were released they were "Like nothing else"

Last edited by Mkawas; 11-18-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Been a long time since I have experienced Hummer hate. I did have a guy in an F-150 pull in so close to my driver's door that I could not possibly get in. Guess he didn't see me standing a few feet away until he started to get out of his truck. As I took off my sunglasses and set them on his hood he said I just noticed how close I was I will move over. Not sure he would have moved if I had not been there but he sure would not have wanted to come back to his truck.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Default Sighhhh

I have never before experienced this kind of crap with a car. Had similar experience riding my Suzuki Hayabusa in the small town i live in. Parked in front a Cafe when a bunch wanna be tough guys on Harleys pulled in next to me and purposely speaking loudly saying "its amazing that people riding this Jap crap have to take up good parking spaces" So in turn I spoke just as loud saying "only thing thats amazing is that the shocks held under him and his wife". Long story short, nothing more was exchanged excpet evil stares as they obviously werent use to people not being intimidated by their brand new head bands and leather.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:47 PM

We have only had our H3 for a year now.
People look at us when driving but no problems with anyone.
I assume that they think I MUST be rich since I am 73 with grey hair and look OLD!!
So no problems, by cracky..

Quick Reply: Whats up with all the idiot Hummer haters?