PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Truck bed lining the outside of my H2

Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Default Truck bed lining the outside of my H2

Hey folks,
I'm curious. I had what I thought was a great idea back in 2004 after I had my new H2 fora couple ofmonths. The second week I owned my truck, I was out hunting for boar in badlands of Texas. Needless to say, while the truck had no problem navigating the dry creek beds and pushing through the brush, the mesquite tree thorns played hell with my paint. It took me a week to rub out all the scratches out of my paint and another week to get the ticks out of my truck that came off the deer and boar. Yes, kinda strange thing to do with a new $60,000 truck but hey, that's what I bought it for.

Anyway,a few weeks after I got it all straightened out, some tree hugger took a screwdriver or something similar down the drivers side of my new ride all the way to the metal. Unfortunately, I didn't know anybody in that town and I didn't catch them. Probably better off that I didn't.

I got a quote on a repaint and they wanted $3300 to repaint one side. I kept thinking to myself that if I repaint, who is to stop the next jerk from doing the same thing or worse yet, what if I need to go on another hunt. My solution was to put a very hard high pressure truck bed liner (ultimate liner) on the lower part of my truck up to the windows. It was $300 less to do both sides of the truck than to paint one. Since my truck was Pewter, it looked pretty cool. I then had my wheels powder coated with crinkle paint to match the liner. Since that time, I have often been called crazy and sometimeswise but most people just say hmmmmm. I want to know if there is anybody else out there that has gone this route? I also want to know if you think I wascrazyor not and I want to hear it from guys that actually own a Hummer. Only you can judge. You can see my truck on my profile.

Jett

Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Default RE: Truck bed lining the outside of my H2

IMO that is an ultimate trail rig. While I wheel my H2 I also drive it daily and take out clients in it etc.... So Rhino lining the whole truck is not an option for me. What you did is awesome and I am jealous.

Eric

Old 05-13-2008, 09:23 PM

Once my H3 is torn up from the trails I may put rhino liner on it, thought hopefully just on the fenders and a lower strip on the doors. I've already gouged one plastic fender so I'm on my way.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:28 PM

I think you should! But I'm only saying that because I would never do it myself...I think it would look unique and good, though.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:36 PM

Hey Hummer Guy, I am not planning to do it, I did it. Check the pic at my album. It's not all over, it at least looks planned.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM

I have seen a couple H1's that have completly been lined. I have thought about the idea but still unsure...

Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Haven't seen it done on a Hummer but have seen it on a couple of older pick up trucks.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:31 PM

JET, for a minute there....I was afraid you were this guy ! ! !

Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 PM

Had thought about doing that later also. With my black truck I don't think that it would be so noticable.

It works on yours though.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:56 AM

Cool Idea.....For you OFF-ROADERS!!

I did have my AMP Research Powersteps LINE-X'D!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truck bed lining the outside of my H2