PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So many problems... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Exclamation So many problems... Help!

In jan. I had my battery replaced. We had an awful winter!!! Then my fuel pump died... So I had that replaced as well in Feb. Then my security system needed reset because the battery completely died.
Now in April... My car wouldn't start. Lights were flashing. The dash said brakes, abs, and fault. And my rearview mirror wasn't saying the temp etc. My windshield wipers were slowly moving. Now my battery is completely dead again.
I have a completely new battery... So if anyone has any ideas, that would be great!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:17 AM

Usual suspects.
1 battery
2 connections replacement for battery
3 any added aftermarket cr@p
4 heated seats
5 battery
6 wiring fuses
7 shorts opens

Chris

Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Your question is in the wrong section, and I cannot move it to the correct section because....... you did not mention what Hummer model you have? Is it an H3, H2?

Whenever a question is asked, start with year and model every time.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Default Sorry

Sorry I'm new to this. I have a 2006 H3...

Old 04-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Simple stuff first. Two questions:

Does your 06 have a sun roof? and if so, have you ever had the front passenger side carpet wet?

Do you still have the OEM battery terminal connectors? If you do, (you can do a search) you should replace them with a good quality aftermarket set like Stingers. The stock connectors suck, virtually all of them fail because somebody tries to over tighten them (like when they install a new battery???) and PCMs are very sensitive to even minute voltage changes, causing all kinds of crazy electrical issues.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

Does your 06 have a sun roof? and if so, have you ever had the front passenger side carpet wet?

Do you still have the OEM battery terminal connectors? If you do, (you can do a search) you should replace them with a good quality aftermarket set like Stingers. The stock connectors suck, virtually all of them fail because somebody tries to over tighten them (like when they install a new battery???) and PCMs are very sensitive to even minute voltage changes, causing all kinds of crazy electrical issues.
YES!!! I've actually had terrible leaking! And I'm pretty sure I have the original connectors. I'm the second owner so I will contact the first to check

Old 04-19-2014, 11:58 PM

pop the hood and take a look at the battery connections, if their like my 08 h3 they will be a thin metal that takes a 10 mm socket/wrench those are factory

Old 04-19-2014, 11:59 PM

if your not sure, post a pic

Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

what would the driver side carpet getting wet have anything to do with the battery? The passenger side doesn't leak, it does every once in a while but not frequently.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:21 AM

they are hinting that your sunroof drains are plugged and water is running down the pass side and wetting the bcm on the right side of the passengers foot! behind the kick panel. the bcm could be going crazy when wet.

drain fix is discussed here endlessly second only to tires and wheels.

ps, if you dont pull the carpet up to vent and dry it will rot or develope mold, not a good thing.

Quick Reply: So many problems... Help!