PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Power Locks not working

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Default Power Locks not working

OK, I took my front door panels off to replace the door speakers and now my door locks do not work with the manual door switch or the remote key fob. I have taken off both front door panels now a total of 4 times just to see if I missed something, but everything has been re-connected correctly. No screws were added so no chance of pinched or cut wires.

Now, on the main drivers door switch, the light bulb only works now on the window lock switch and the 2 front door window switches. The bulb is out on the rear 2 window switches & door lock/unlock switch. The windows do go up & down fine.

The door locks did actually work on & off after the speaker swap for about 2 weeks and now stopped working again for the 3rd time.

You can hear the door lock switch trying to click like a relay or something in the switch itself.

I don't want to go to the dealer and say it's warrantied if it's something I did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Default RE: Power Locks not working

Have you checked to see if you shorted out a fuse?

Old 05-09-2008, 07:09 AM

Yes, I used a test light under the hood on all the fuses.
Thanks for the suggestion...

Old 05-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't pinch or nick any wires?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:12 AM

No, I checked for that, thanks. I made sure I didn't put any screws through any wires either. (I remember a friend of mine did that once).

I worked on it again Saturday, removing the door panels and all. I also checked the connector in the drivers door jam to make sure it was locked in. I also went into the rear door to see if there was anything there going on. Nothing. Then my drivers window stopped working, but all the other 3 still worked.

Now I am wondering if the drivers door switch is bad. I do remember one time in Febraury when it was snowing bad out when I opened my drivers door a bunch of snow fell inside on the door switches...but that is normal everytime you open the door with snow on the truck it always seems to go inside even though you clean off the top of the door.

I'm going to the dealer this week for an oil change, I'll have them take a look atthe switchas well. I received a $10.00 off coupon in the mail from my dealership for service so that is my excuse for me to show them the switch.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Default solution?

were they able to fix your doorlocks and windows on the drivers side? im having the same problem too. can you help me with this? and how much did they charge you to fix it. thanks.