PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ Hummer Club?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Default NJ Hummer Club?

I posted this on a previous thread, but that thread was from '07, so I'm amusing its dead. I was addressing the severe lack of a Hummer club in NJ and proposed starting one with literally anybody else from NJ. It would be a low commitment, come as you please club. Here is my proposal from the other thread.

I may be years too late to this conversation but I too would like to start a Hummer club in NJ. There are not many off-road clubs in NJ and the ones that do exist, suck. I want to be surrounded by only Hummer owners, not smug/stupid jeep owners and even more idiotic Land Rover/Subaru owners. There are plenty of places to go wheeling around NJ (just not in NJ) in places like Rausch Creek PA to name one. The other clubs (like the Hummer Club LLC) are good but they rarely come to the NJ area and they spend most of their time out in Midwest/western US. I'm down for founding a club with anyone, I know basic website construction, and we can base the bulk of communicating on Facebook. It can be a low commitment, come as you please club. Also who the frack needs club dues. I see how they might benefit a large organization (like the Hummer Club LLC) but for a small operation like anything a couple Hummer owners can start in NJ, who needs them. People can just communicate on Facebook, check event dates on a website, show up at an offroad park and pay the park for the time there. There’s no need to complicate things any more than that. I suppose that if the group wants to meet in person it can be anywhere, like a coffee place (Dunkin Donuts) or a restaurant, just something small so people can talk in person briefly. If enough people can join this club we can organize weekend events whenever we want, and go wheeling locally in fun places without having to wait for the other clubs events to migrate back to the East Coast. The latest event that was held by another club was up in Maine. There's no friggin way I'm driving 10 hours up to Maine for a 2 day event. Anyone care to reply? Or is this thread dead?

Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM

I love this forum, but I also love the other Hummer forums.. Those are more dedicated to offroading.. Club Hummer Offroad. and H4O... Check them out.. Lots of members from your area, and all of them wheel. They go to Rausch Creek alot also, among many other places.. Love too hear others enjoy their Hummer for what it was intended for.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Stollo,
You just missed a Club Hummer event at Rausch Creek last weekend. We had a blast.
We go to Wharton sometimes too.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:59 PM

Im in for a club....lets get this done

Old 12-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Pappibri
I love this forum, but I also love the other Hummer forums.. Those are more dedicated to offroading.. Club Hummer Offroad. and H4O... Check them out.. Lots of members from your area, and all of them wheel. They go to Rausch Creek alot also, among many other places.. Love too hear others enjoy their Hummer for what it was intended for.
Both groups did a joint run at Rausch Creek recently.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by tfalk714
Im in for a club....lets get this done

I haven't been on this thread in a while because nobody replied to it for months. However, if your still in, I'm still in. There is a severe lack of Hummer Club in NJ. All these "events" that people are talking about don't happen enough or happen to far away, and all of the other recommended forums and clubs have not had true active members or posts in years. These other places are completely dead and I want to start my own club in NJ before the Hummer community becomes unreachable.