PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 glove box latch broken again and again...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Default H3 glove box latch broken again and again...

Is someone has the same problem with the glove box latch oh his H3 ?
I had to replace the latch for the third time. The latch is made with plastic and very fragile. Is there a recall or GM technical information about this problem ?

Old 05-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Broke mine twice. Make sure everything is clear before you slam it. No TSB's that I've heard of on it. I am just being more careful.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 AM

Where did you get the replacement from? I couldn't find one so had to resort to glue.

The bit that broke was the plastic outer part of the hinge that controls the rocking of the plastic latch you pull to open it. On one side the broken part was missing so I had to glue some metal around it to replace that. Bit of a mess but seems to work.

But would love to know where to get a replacement online (I'm in Arab Emirates but back in UK regularly).

Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rajul_Al_Hummer
Where did you get the replacement from? I couldn't find one so had to resort to glue.

The bit that broke was the plastic outer part of the hinge that controls the rocking of the plastic latch you pull to open it. On one side the broken part was missing so I had to glue some metal around it to replace that. Bit of a mess but seems to work.

But would love to know where to get a replacement online (I'm in Arab Emirates but back in UK regularly).
gmpartshouseusa.com

Under "OEM AUTOMOTIVE PARTS" enter year, make and model of vehicle. A blue menu appears to the left. Select instrument panel. Under the sub-category, select instrument panel again. Click on "latch" Then you have the choice of cashmere or ebony. I hope this helps.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 AM

Mine broke too. Free fix thanks to warranty.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
gmpartshouseusa.com

Under "OEM AUTOMOTIVE PARTS" enter year, make and model of vehicle. A blue menu appears to the left. Select instrument panel. Under the sub-category, select instrument panel again. Click on "latch" Then you have the choice of cashmere or ebony. I hope this helps.
Many thanks - been looking online, I think I even found this site, but would never have found it under "instrument panel"!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:20 PM

drilled two 1/8" holes in the plastic rod post and used 1/16" craft wire to lash the pin onto the post. Work great and beats the $60 dealer price tag for a new one.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:00 PM

Mine broke in my H3t..dealer fixed it.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Mine broke but I had too much stuff in there when I did it. Bumper to bumper fixed it but they are $35 at a dealer.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:50 AM

Mine broke yesterday and just now found this is a common problem. I found a replacement for it in the link above...

My question is it difficult to replace the latch? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: H3 glove box latch broken again and again...