Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 X no start issue need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 01:12 PM
Default H3 X no start issue need help

hello and thanks for any help you can give me. First of all. I am very green when it comes to anything involving an automobile and fine know a lot but enough. I recently acquired a 2008 H3 X Hummer. It’s Beautiful. But one problem. Here is the scenario. The thing will start right up if it’s been sitting for a while no problems. After a tenure drive of 10 minutes or longer , the car will not start. The security light stays on solid red along with the check engine light. And it will stay on like this until it randomly wants to start again. After reading a couple threads. I have now gotten this beast to start after a tenured drive of 45 minutes by swapping out the fuse relay switch on the engine fuse box. So far , I have down this twice with a different fuse every time ,and it starts. While I was trying to start this truck yesterday and waiting before I realized to swap out the fuses. In the auxiliary on positio. The voltage is fluctuating because I have a super car charger that displays the voltage on it and it was going up and down , but when the car was not having Any issues or was running the colts we’re not fluctuation This could be totally random but I thought I’d mention it. It’s not a passlock issue because that security light is not blinking which I didn’t know at first because a relearn does nothing for this issue. What would cause the fuel relay to get tripped to not work after the truck is running for some time but swap it out and it will work to turn in the pump and I can drive. Has anyone experienced this and is so what is my next step in diagnosing the problem here and how do I do it.

thanks so much and I hope my post makes sense.

Old 01-05-2022, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

You need to post ONE Thread and be patient, we are not your instantaneous fix my Hummer personal website!

Do a search, you have a passlock issue. Google GM Passlock............. Many times it is caused by poor/dirty ignition switch connections, which is an easy fix. Somebody?????????????? made and posted the pic below.

Search it here too.

Old 01-05-2022, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Heatherlp9
hello and thanks for any help you can give me. First of all. I am very green when it comes to anything involving an automobile and fine know a lot but enough. I recently acquired a 2008 H3 X Hummer. It’s Beautiful. But one problem. Here is the scenario. The thing will start right up if it’s been sitting for a while no problems. After a tenure drive of 10 minutes or longer , the car will not start. The security light stays on solid red along with the check engine light. And it will stay on like this until it randomly wants to start again. After reading a couple threads. I have now gotten this beast to start after a tenured drive of 45 minutes by swapping out the fuse relay switch on the engine fuse box. So far , I have down this twice with a different fuse every time ,and it starts. While I was trying to start this truck yesterday and waiting before I realized to swap out the fuses. In the auxiliary on positio. The voltage is fluctuating because I have a super car charger that displays the voltage on it and it was going up and down , but when the car was not having Any issues or was running the colts we’re not fluctuation This could be totally random but I thought I’d mention it. It’s not a passlock issue because that security light is not blinking which I didn’t know at first because a relearn does nothing for this issue. What would cause the fuel relay to get tripped to not work after the truck is running for some time but swap it out and it will work to turn in the pump and I can drive. Has anyone experienced this and is so what is my next step in diagnosing the problem here and how do I do it.

thanks so much and I hope my post makes sense.

Old 01-06-2022, 12:56 AM
Default Mistake

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You need to post ONE Thread and be patient, we are not your instantaneous fix my Hummer personal website!

Do a search, you have a passlock issue. Google GM Passlock............. Many times it is caused by poor/dirty ignition switch connections, which is an easy fix. Somebody?????????????? made and posted the pic below.

Search it here too.

I did not mean to post more than once. So excuse me for making a mistake. I also was expecting instant cure here. I don’t understand the rude message , I don’t think it’s a passlock issue .

Old 01-06-2022, 04:52 PM

Right. No instant cures here. (Well, not always.)

You asked and got an answer. Why don't you think it is not passlock??

Last edited by Justinh; 01-07-2022 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:20 PM

I always get "instant cure" with my hands on!

Old 01-07-2022, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Heatherlp9
I did not mean to post more than once. So excuse me for making a mistake. I also was expecting instant cure here. I don’t understand the rude message , I don’t think it’s a passlock issue .
You asked for help, we gave you some, and you do not think we identified your issue without any comment on how you ruled that out?

Good luck.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:59 AM
Default Reason I don’t believe it’s a padlock issue .

I had a lock smith check out the car when it would not start up. He could not relate it to a relearn issue. The security light stays illuminated along with the check engine light accompanying it , only when the no start issue is happening. I have not been in a situation where I can check to see what code this is when I’m stalled , since it’s intermittent , narrowed this down to when the engine becomes warm , and when I finally do check it , there is no light illuminated , and the system doesn’t even show a record of the light ever being on . Which is so weird . Per the technical bulletin I read , if it were a passlock issue , security light would become illuminated but be blinking off and on. I will start it upon cold and it starts up every single time , it will even start back up right away even after shutting it off , but in a couple minutes or 15 minutes later it won’t start back up for 2 hours , approximately . In this 2 hours . When you turn the key to start , you can hear the fuel pump turn on but there is absolutely no crank at all. Silence almost. It is the most annoying issue I have ever dealt with on a vehicle. Thanks again for your help