PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

considering selling Southern Comfort Edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Default considering selling Southern Comfort Edition

Hi everyone,

Two of my kids are now in college and live at home so I have to sell one of my cars (to allow for parking space. I'm considering selling my 2006 Southern Comfort Edition. I have maintained this truck at Moore Cadillac (used to be a Hummer dealer as well so I still go there because the mechanics are Hummer certified from the old days). All fluids were either replaced or flushed last year. All the belts were also replaced last year. I just replaced the front wheel bearings ($1,600) and have updated headlights (still have the original) and interior lights are all LED. It has 78k miles and never of road.

I’ve looked for Southern Comfort Edition models to see how much they go for and I was told that most of them were bought by rich Arabs and shipped to the Middle East. I have included some pics. Does anyone know what the going price is on these? I’ve seen some ridiculous process like a 2008 with 99K miles for $80k. I don’t want to go crazy with pricing it out there. I know that only a few dozen were made (only a handful left in the US) and each one was uniquely painted and customized to be a collector but I want a reasonable price so that if I decide to sell it I don’t get caught up in gaming situation.

If anyone out there is familiar with Southern Comfort, can you please respond?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails considering selling Southern Comfort Edition-16.jpg   considering selling Southern Comfort Edition-3.jpg   considering selling Southern Comfort Edition-9.jpg   considering selling Southern Comfort Edition-18.jpg   considering selling Southern Comfort Edition-5.jpg  

Old 10-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen this thread languishing for a while, thought I'd wait to see what anybody else thought before my 2 cents.

What you have is like a conversion van, only its an H2 conversion. Personally, I would not pay a dime over what any other H2 in similar condition would be worth. So IMHO it is whatever the market will bear.

I am not a car price expert, just my take. Good luck.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Never heard of them so no help on value. Any other mods to the truck not discernible from the photos?

Old 10-25-2016, 07:37 AM

FWIW, I just bought a 2008 Southern Comfort H2 with 99,400 miles in outstanding condition (except for pitting of some of the chrome - particularly on the two front wheels) from a guy that started listing it for around $60k with no takers. I ended up buying it in the low $40's, which I thought was a fair deal compared to the two other H2s I looked at. It was a Miami car until 2 years ago, unused hitch receiver, a couple of minor scratches on the tail, and almost-like-new interior.

I bought it for the condition, not the conversion. Modifcations are usually worth next-to-nothing more than sale motivation - a shopper is more likely to turn into a buyer if he's getting a bunch of goodies for the price.